Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aux brakes??

MM,

Have you been into the Pinga again and making those Brazilian drinks for your customers? BTW they were way to good!
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

lewpopp Guest

Mr Horner,

You have a coupleof neighbors that have M&G systems. If I wasn't so busy in cardiac rehab and putting up with politics here in the park, I would have been around to answer.
    . Talk to me!
    I've heard a lot of good things on the M&G and is really a simple looking appliance.

They didn't have an application for my saturn Vue and I don't think they have an application for what I am purchasing. Talk to me !!! Get your golf cart out of storage and get back to normal.

Lew,

Are you back in FL?

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Do any of you all have the M&G brake system on a Jeep Liberty?
    If so, does it live up to expectations?

Jim_Scoggins Guest

I had an M&G system installed on my Jeep (Diesel) Liberty. Almost turned on the low money warning light.

I will be taking the coach there at the end of January to complete the coach part of the installation.

Great professional installation by B&G Auto and Marine, Stevensville, MD. This guy (Gary) seems to be able to fabricate almost anything auto, marine, or tooling.

Anyway, I have a couple of pictures of the completed installation should anyone need them.

In hindsight, due to the easier changability from one vehicle to another Jon's system might be the better choice.
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 11-25-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo correction

Default Brakemaster

Like Jon I have a Brakemaster. The best price was at JC Whitney. You can also find coupons for another $40.00 plus free shipping, no tax AND this price includes the Break-Away kit.

I had a local shop run the air line from the bus valve to the rear of the bus and I installed the rest on my Honda CR-V. I also installed the aux air tank on the CR-V with the break-away switch. When ready to travel, connecting to the bus and connecting the brake cylinder to the pedal may take a total of 2 minutes. I am getting ready to install a 2nd set of hardware to enable a move of the brake cylinder to our 2008 Honda Accord. That kit only costs $120.00 and now I have a toad brake system in two cars for about the price of one. They work great, do not lock up and will not set off the "Low Money" warning light.

The best thing about this whole deal is that I know I am legal (along with my class B) and shouldn't have a problem if I have an accident or get stopped by law enforcement.

1carguy Guest

Default Aux. Brake system

I notice that many people now are using an auxiliary brake system on their toads. Is there any state statute that actually requires this? I am on my 10th coach since the late 80's and have towed 25-30,000 miles per year since then. I have yet to have had an experience where I thought that having an auxiliary brake on my 3800 lb. jeep would help stop my 52,000 lb Prevost. My experieence has been that unless I look at the back up camera I do not even know that it is back there. Am I missing something?

I went to google and entered state towing laws,there are several sites with the requirements,most states require toad brakes.I added the M and g brake system recently with the breakaway,I can't tell much difference,but I am now legal.

There was a website by one the aux brake people that showed the stopping distance difference between aux brakes and no brakes. There was quite a differences, now it was not a 52,000# prevost but a GMC.

Greg

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Car guy.

I pull a full size P-U without brakes. Can I do it safely? 99.9% of the time. However I have no control over that other guy. I drive for a living and still, doing it keeps me up in the seat, don't like it.

Can I pull it w/o brakes on a good day, absolutely. In an emergency such as a panic stop having 4000lbs+ on the hitch with brakes will give you that noticible difference your currently having a hard time experiancing.

I might pull smaller stuff w/o brakes comfortably, The beetle, a Mini cooper.