Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And the questions begin ....

Ray,

The only way I know to disable the aux air compressor is to pull the breaker in the panel just above the inverters.

I wouldn't worry about the light.

I would worry about powering down the coach. I did that all the time on my Royale because it was simple and nothing adverse would happen. I don't think that is the case with the Marathon, so power is good.

I also didn't reset the auto start function on the generator. My coach sits in a hanger with folks there 24/7, so the standing instructions is, if you hear the generator start, call me.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Ray I don't think I like the notion of not worrying about the chassis batteries going down just because of the jump start switch option when they do.

Everyone is aware it is not desirable to deep cycle, deep cycle batteries, much less start batteries.

Why wouldn't Marathon, knowing this, include a trickle charger?

I'd sure get one.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-16-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Strangely enough Joe, they indicated to me that they had tried various 24v trickle chargers, and had damaged batteries using them.

I have a 24v regular charger that I think I'll throw on the bus every couple of weeks, when I'm not using it.

Jerry, your observation matches what I've seen. No "regular" switch for the aux compressor, only the circuit breaker on the panel.

Ray

Ray,Mine had a aux compressor 12 volt breaker above the inverters in the bedroom in the 12 volt panel.

Ray,Mine had a aux compressor 12 volt breaker above the inverters in the bedroom in the 12 volt panel.
    Exactly what I'm seeing. My CC had a switch in the first bay, while the Marathon only has a breaker on the breaker on the electrical panel.

Ray,

I know yours is an XL2, but I'm real confused on the air system. They must have made some serious changes. On the XL's, the aux air controlled the accessories and belts and now your saying there is a way to get air out of the brake tanks to supplement the aux for belt bellows? The aux compressor and system should be completely independent of the brake tanks.

One more time: Use "Battery Tenders" They won't over charge your batteries. They come in 12V and 24V. I store my coach with one of each Tender connected after the main power switches are turned off. All of the Tech's at POG IV agreed my method was sound and I should continue.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali