Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk horns...

dalej Guest

Default Lets talk horns...

I have talked to Jim Malcom from Prevost about horns. I didn't know that bus's come with electric horns and then the converter adds air horns.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have a switch to go from air to electric. My electric horns are under the front right, under the steps, you can see them looking up behind the bumper in a cavity.

Mine don't switch but would like to set them up that way since my air horns quit on the Branson trip. I found it was the electric solenoid was stuck, works now but will replace.

VegasDogMan Guest

Not sure exactly what you're asking... My 97 Liberty has a switch on the dash that les me use the Electric honk honk or Air HONK HONK.

Switch is labeled Horn Select.

Dale....it would have been so easy to pick on you for not knowing this, but Truk and I went nuts in Branson trying to figure out what the black plastic thing was in his steer compartment with wires going to it.

I'm just a poor Liberty guy with an old bus and electric horns that look like they came out of an old Pontiac, but we found out guys that drive new CC buses have these big honkin horns that don't even look like horns that are pointed at the ground. I'll bet your electric horns look like mine.

Like the Vegas man my coach came with a switch. toot, toot or toot toot.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

I'd really like to have a horn aimed to each side with a selector switch. That way when one of those bothersome little boom boxes sit beside you you could at least fight back! I never looked for a switch on the old CC. I'll have to go look in the books and see if I have one.

Question, anyone know where to find a train whistle run on compressed air?

Dale,

The push button on my steering wheel operate both horns. Push lightly and you get the electric beep,beep and push hard and you get the air horns beep, beep.

dalej Guest

Thanks guys, I will check it out some more.

For train horns, check around a well populated interstate exit. If you see several truck stops, you'll most likely find a dealer selling all kinds of stuff for trucks including train horns.

Many of our buses have musical horns which have two horn shaped speakers mounted up front (usually behind the bumper) and most point down.

Our CC does not have the Liberty (that would have added $3.00 to the cost, $200.00 to the selling price) selector switch. Tap lightly for electric horns, hit it hard for the four roof mounted air horns.

Mike

dalej Guest

Jon, while at the hornblasters web site, go to letters and then hate mail, some really mad people out there.

Wow, those folks that send hate mail are to be feared.

I guess it's not enough to just ignore the product or company. These psychos want to kill somebody.

Will.....before you put those horns on your coach you need to read the letters.