I think my point was lost in the mix. My point was that the inspectors are asking for information or testing on things that are specifically NOT to be included in the test.

I don't have any problem performing an air brake test, and will do it without problem. However, what I have a problem with is inspectors NOT either knowing the law here, or deciding that their interpretation is more important.

The air brake test is on the commercial test. Along with a LOT more than just the in-cab test we've talked about at POG. What prevents an inspector then from trying to test you on the other portions of the commercial test, which aren't applicable to the Class B license.

I agree whole-heartedly this information is valuable, and I plan on getting a class B license, even though my coach does not require it. But, that doesn't excuse inspectors testing on things which are specifically indicated in the manuals as NOT required for class B.

FYI, at least in CA, the only thing a class B (non commerical) license gives you the authority to drive is a motorhome larger than 40 ft. In CA driving a motorhome is not dependant upon whether or not the coach has air brakes. It's specifically a non-issue in the law. That's my point.

Ray