"I have to agree with what Denny said.

I got out of a speeding ticket,(car) just last year, but the judge asked to see my drivers license, before he released me. He told me he was checking to be sure I DID NOT HAVE a CDL, or I would not have gotten out of the automobile speeding ticket?"

I have a Texas class B license that I had to get to drive my 12 yd. dump truck with farm tags. A year or so ago I got a speeding ticket in my daily driver and though no big deal I will do "deferred adjudication" and keep it off my driving record. When the judge saw my class b, she said "sorry, you are not eligible for DA." Deferred adjudication in Texas is a deal where you go to an 8 hour drivers education class and when all the paper work is done the citation goes away. I think you still pay the fine and pay for the drivers ed. class but it does not show on your driving record.
So, yea I think that with a class B your not going to be cut much slack when it comes to things lights being out, making a daily walk around extra important. But, when the time comes that a class B is required for a 40' + coach, I've got it covered and don't have to worry about it.