Many, many years ago I purchased a Thousand Trails / NACO membership. We used it for several years while the kids were small, and my RV was much smaller too.

Part of the incentive at the time was that I could "retire into the system" at some point, and basically go full-time around the country living for about $400 per year in parking fees.

Well, I've only tried a couple of 1000 Trails campgrounds since getting a bus, and things were not quite perfect. The couple of places I found seemed to not cater to big rigs, and were generally way off the main highways, sometimes 40-50 files down a very small 1-2 lane road.

I haven't visited any of the 1000 trails on the east coast, or in the upper west coast (Washington area), and was wondering if we have any other 1000 Trails members in POG? If so, which campgrounds do you find to be friendly to our buses?

I'm debating whether or not I should try to sell the membership. It runs me between $400 and $500 per year, so it's pretty expensive camping when you don't use it. But, ultimately, if I were able to "retire into the system", it would be a cheap way to move around.

Ray