Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in the works...

Default Buildings and pits

Boy, talk about thread creep.....

Don't make the mistake I did. My 1987 was a 40 footer and there was never a plan to replace it, but then we had the fire. Withdrawal was too painful and after one month without we ended up with our 45.

For those of you who are not mathematically challenged (I'll draw a picture for Mango and Jeff) you will quickly see a 50 foot garage is perfect for a 40 foot coach, but a PITA for a 45.

Except for cramped corners at the rear however my shop is like heaven. The pit has air and electric, and to treat myself I got a commercial 120 pound grease pump so I don't have to change cartridges. I stock spare parts, filters, oil, etc and working on the bus has gone from being a job to a real joy.

If you guys pay me money I will give you a tour.

Well I broached the subject with my wife at dinner tonight. We are going to try to work the schedule out where we can make it. I need to go back and figure the driving time. We have already planned a two week Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley extravaganza for the first of June, so between that and the airshow at Oshkosh at the end of July, we may just swedge it in there.

It will we worth having you and Jon tell my wife that owning a Prevost is not as expensive as owning an airplane.

If you think I will speak publicly about the costs associated with owning a plane or a Prevost you are mistaken. Some things are best left unsaid.

I think owning both is a whole lot cheaper however than having a mistress.

Jerry

Talk to Kevin or Dale in the truck shop at Stewart & Stevenson (Houston) they are pretty good. The only problem with S&S is that they only have a couple of mechanics that work on the 8v92's so your bus may sit for awhile. I have used S&S for 3+ years and had good service from them. They will tell you that they don't want to do oil changes and you can get it done cheaper elsewhere. For the lube jobs, I use Bee-Line in Brookshire (it opened about a year ago). I take the oil, but they have all the filters (oil and fuel) and do an outstanding job at a cost of less than $100 (again I supply the oil). Their shop is extra clean and they are a class act.

Loc

Ken,
    Where at in Upstate NY? I'm from Brockport (Rochester) and got my private license after returning from Nam in 68. Had many planes over the years, twins and singles and sold my Arrow last January. Can't help but look at the sky everytime I hear one (you know the feeling), but mama much happier doing the Coach thing. Now if I could only get rid of this plastic CC, I will be Prevost bound. Visited Liberty last week in Stuart, the MPD is now worse. Don't miss the NY winters, left there 23 years ago for Georgia.

ken&ellen Guest

Tom, I was originally from Binghamton, but moved to Saratoga Springs until 5 years ago. If things go right my wife, Ellen, will be transfered to Target's new import facility in Savannah next year.( 2007 ) Good luck with your search, our biggest problem was trying to find a dealer who was willing to take our Diplomat in trade. Most of the dealers, in my opinion, overprice the Prevost they have in inventory. Keep looking. We found a 1991 Liberty and with the help of this group was able to check it out prior to plunking the money down.
    Ken

Hey Tom with MPD,

Come to the POG and we can talk about why we are FORMER NYers, and then we can swap lies about aviating.

So far I count 4 of us that claim somewhere else as home.

You got it Jon... We go back for weddings & funerals.

Ben Guest

Jon,

I'm back home for a few days before heading back to Florida (and the Liberty rally). I'll try to get all the maintance manual documents back to you before I leave town again.