Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renewing Insurance Time

Gary,My 05 Liberty has a stated value and the premium is less than $2,000.I think it is rated on your residence,CA cost must be greater than NC.

Thanks Jack, I am going to look around a lttle bit. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Shop for insurance

My first year coverage on my bus was almost $2,300 from Explorer/National Interstate. Upon renewal it went to over $3,000 - no claims, speeding tickets, accidents, etc. nothing. Checked with Thumb Insurance and got the same coverage for $1,400/year. Explorer called me back and requoted it less than I paid my first year! It the "Let's Make A Deal" game for the insurance companies.

The moral of the story is shop around and do not take the first quote.

Where do I find this "Thumb" insurance?

www.thuminsurance.com
    Phone: 1-800-866-0777 Fax: 616-957-1204
    Scott should answer the phone, we just renewed our 1996 Country Coach with them. $350 less the Progressive.

Alek

Thanks for the correction on spelling of Thum

I'm not in the business of selling insurance, but from personal experience I know for sure that the insurance company must be experienced in dealing with Prevost conversions.

When our previous coach had the engine compartment fire Explorer/Interstate handled all the financial negotiations for the repairs and everything necessary to fully restore the coach was done without argument or debate. The final tab was in excess of $82,000 and they never hesitated along the way.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Saw an insurance form from Gilbert RV. Coach was covered for $500K, paying $2936 a year, which seems pretty high for a standard RV policy. (Not a Prevost-level policy) Our last Interstate policy was half of that from Explorer.

DaveKlingensmith Guest

Default Insurance

Hi Everyone! As I mentioned at POG IV we now have a total of 4 companies that we can place your insurance with: National Interstate, Great American, Drive by Progressive, and GMAC. We will work with you to place you with the best company for your situation.
    There are a number of factors that are considered when rating your insurance: age, year of coach, state of registration/garaging, value of coach, insurance/credit score and many, many more. These factors can vary drastically from one individual to another. Insurance companies are trying very hard to rate your insurance based on your individual characteristics and not the characteristics of others. In summary you will all probably have a different rate.
    Our job at Explorer Insurance Agency is to place your insurance with the best insurance company for your individual needs. That may be claims, price, agent and so on. Remember, we are an agent, we work for you. We do not set the prices we only try to work with what the insurance companies give us.
    Those of you that attended my brief, but information packed presentation in Branson know about the new POG Members Insurance Services program that we launched this month. Anyone who did not attend please call, or email me and I will send you the powerpoint outlining the new program.

I am your personal representative and I encourage all of you to contact me with questions.

Dave Klingensmith - Specialty Agent
    Explorer Insurance Agency
    david.klingensmith@explorerrv.com
    (888)774-6778