Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with keyless entry pad

Default Problems with keyless entry pad

Good morning everyone,

suddenly the touch pad system to lock and unlock door not working. Appears to have electrical problem at pad since no numbers work, and no light comes on when press any number. Please not the remote locking is working correctly. I have already done the following:
    1. checked circuit breaker in front run box, I think the number is 115. It is 8 amp. It appears to be fine, and was not thrown. I did reset it twice.
    2. Swapped out all of the relays that are right next to the electronic module for the keyless system. In my coach right next to the air out for AC right passenger area.
    3. Swapped out the relays in the front run box that were labeled referencing the keyless system.

Obviously this is a Prevost installed system since the electrical diagram is from Prevost not Vantare. Therefore am I correct in assuming powered from chassis batteries? If yes how do I turn off all power from chassis battery to recycle the brain in my coach? There does not seem to be master cutoff switch like by Liberty had installed.

As always thanks for any help.

Kim,

Almost every chassis power disconnect I have seen is somewhere in the engine compartment, usually above the chassis batteries or in that area.

The keyless entry system is the same one used on Ford vehicles, so that might be a source of info, but I think the next place to check would be in the wiring running thru the door to the pad itself. I'll bet the door panel has to come off for that one, but I don't know how they put it on in the Vantare. The Royale just had screws holding it on and I think the Marathon has those widgets that you have to have the long forked looking screwdriver to pop loose.

We need the widget type of tool for the removal of the door panel. I do know it is a ford product; however, I am hoping that recycling the power should work. I still am looking for the disconnect for the chassis batteries. I wonder why these things always happen after the converter closes for the weekend?

What computer gets recycled with the absence of coach power?

I do not know of any unless the XLII shells are different from the XL.

win42 Guest

If you find the answer to your problem, please post. Our keypad unlocks the door but does not lock the door. We tried the combination left by the previous owner, but can't make it lock. I checked with my Lincoln Mercury dealer friend and no combination he offered would lock it. I guess if it's a F o r d ( fix or repair daily ) product you have to live with it or replace it.
    Last edited by win42; 09-15-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Harry,

FWIW, to lock our coach with the keypad we simultaneously press the two buttons on the furthest right and the doors and bays lock.

To unlock we punch in the numbers (I'll show you your numbers) and after the door clicks unlocked we hit the last button pressed again and the bays unlock.

Hope this helps.

On our Liberty, they unplugged the electric door lock "brain" whis was behind the panel under the dash in front of the passenger seat, which also has the heat/ac vent. Ours just pulled away.

The "brain" was a Ford part which was a white colored box with 2 wiring harnesses plugged into it.

Also, stamped on the outside of the box, the will be a label which shows the master code for that lock.

To reset ours, they simply unplugged both of the wiring harnesses and then plugged them back in.

Ours would take the master code only, but not allow any other "user" codes, which is what triggered the repair. This issue was finally resolved by also replacing the touch pad, which requires removal of the door panel.

Good luck....

Thanks for all the ideas, but so far no luck. I stated one wrong fact. I thought the light on the touchpad was also not working. In fact it is working if that helps.

Harry,

Try pushing the last two number keys simultaneously to lock the door. That is how the key pad works for our door.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

win42 Guest

Loc: I'm pretty sure we tried that, but will give it another try when we pick it up next week.
    Thanks All