Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H3-45 vs XLII

dalej Guest

Very good write up Mike, I'm glad you step in with this, you know first hand and not trying to side either way.

Additional points:

There's been a lot of talk about the ride differences H3 vs XLII. Unless someone has a more tuned butt then me (step right in here Jon as you have the most tuned butt I know), I could not tell any ride difference between the two.

Now you have to take in account that during my 1200 mile test ride in JDUB's new XLII we had massive amounts of ballast on board that may have affected ride quality (insert your own interpretation of ballast here).

Thanks Dale and nice Avatar!

Mike

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post

Note: This is one of my favorite low bridge Bus stories. Names have been withheld to protect the parties involved.
    http://www.prevost-stuff.com/coaches/bad-airport.htm
    What idiot would pull a stunt like that?

The whole idea is planning, going through the checklist. Make sure you know where you are headed before you're there, right?

thanks agian everyone...not to get off topic I am wondering what impact the economy slipping a couple of gears will have on the new coach sales and if it is something I should wait out for a while. I am probably pushing my luck with everyone but does anyone recall any of the other economic soft spots and how it impacted new coach pricing...if at all?

Brent

brent@fxfn.com

Mike, great post! Your observations regarding the differences between the XL, XLII and the H3-45 sound right on target.

Thanks for all the insight....

Not too much more to add. I coveted the stainless on my wish list when looking for a Prevost. The H3's are quite beautiful and striking as well. The floor plans on the H3 are different because of the drivers seat being low in front. I believe the H3s have a more defined living rm and galley.
    My XLII is 12' 7" with the satelite dome so not much difference in height.
    I would say storage down below is the advantage on the H3 .
    When looking back, I did not know much about Prevost nor the difference between H3 and XL Coaches. But I had owned several Plastic Custom Paint Coaches and really fell hard for the look of the XLII. Still feel that way although Liberty has some beautiful H3-45's on their Web site.
    At Prevost in Mira Loma, I spoke with a Bus driver of entertainment buses. I asked him what he prefered to drive. He said the XL was preferable to drive but the H3 was better when Parked. So there you go.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Mike makes the relevant points. Here is the seat of your pants one.

When you meet an H3 on the Interstate, at 1/2 mile it looks like all the other plastic coaches.

When you meet an XL or XLII at 1/2 mile, it looks like Prevost, no mistaking it for a Winnebago. Unless you saw a hole in the side for a plastic vent and put some roof airs on it........

I'm like Gary. I loved the classic look of the stainless and unless I needed to haul a gaggle of pygmies, I am a happy camper with the XLII. Oh, and the XL that I own as well.........