Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashville, NC

Has anyone stayed at Campfire Lodgings in Asheville?

We are planning a trip to Biltmore in September, and it seems like a nice place.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga, I haven't been to Campfire Lodgings but a friend on the Wanderlodge Owners Group has, here's what he had to say:

"I need to tell you about this campground we went to. It's called Campfire Lodgings. This is one of the best places. It takes a little work to get to because it is located on top of a small mountain, but after US 33 this was a piece of cake! The campground facility and the view was worth it! If you get one of the premium sites you don't park next to each other but end to end, with your patio overlooking the valley below and the mountains on the other side. Spectacular!"

David, Do you know Dan Jensen? I met him this year in Palm Desert and he is connected with Blue Birds. Just wondering:-)

Hi Sid,

Indeed I do. I've met Dan on a couple of occasions, Rally in the Valley, Bird's Nest at the Wanderlodge factory in Fort Valley, Ga, back when Wanderlodge was still in business. Real nice folks, he and his lovely wife. We Wanderlodge owners are a pretty small family. Dan's been the President of the FMCA Blue Bird Chapter for a couple of years now. He really turned things around during his tenure, especially considering the lack of factory support. Great guy!

Default Great place

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Has anyone stayed at Campfire Lodgings in Asheville?

We are planning a trip to Biltmore in September, and it seems like a nice place.
    Tuga - we have stayed there, the first 4 sites on your right have unobstructed views of the valley and the Blue ridge mountains.

Tip - disconnect your toad before climbing this one lane road to the campground.
    You will enjoy but reserve well in advance.

blue ridge sunse&#1.jpg

Lots # 3 & 4 are the best
    Last edited by Woody; 07-28-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: more info

David & Woody,

Thanks for the replies, I will make our reservation today. Campfire Lodgings had a good review in RVReviews.com but, I always like to check with the brain trust first. Karen loves Asheville and Biltmore; she can't wait to get there. We will be going in the middle of September.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

One of our favorite towns. Make sure you go to the farmers market for fresh produce.

When you go to the farmers market, as you should, be sure and buy some of the Amish butter they will have there. There is no other to compare to!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cut mine up and put in zip locks and froze it. Still eating on it.
    Biltmore is a must and be sure to visit their pastry shop just to the right of the front entrance to the main house. Wear elastic waisted pants:-))

Steve & Charles,

We will be sure to do the farmer's market. I'll remember about the Amish butter. We have been to Biltmore twice before, but Louise just loves the place. I like it too, but I would rather attend a POG rally. Guess I'll have to wait until October!

Thanks for the posts!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot