Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashville, NC

Stelan73 Guest

Default Ashville, NC

We're heading to Ashville, NC next week for a little R&R. Big Rig Best Bets lists a number of campgrounds but would like to know if any POG members have any recommendations. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with that part of the country, but when exploring unknown sites, I find it intersting to read the park reviews at

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Stelan73 View Post
    We're heading to Ashville, NC next week for a little R&R. Big Rig Best Bets lists a number of campgrounds but would like to know if any POG members have any recommendations. Thanks.
    Yes, I have a suggestion. The Parliament rally was held at Bear Creek RV Park

http://www.ashevillebearcreek.com/

It is right off the interstate tucked in the foothills. If you keep up with the POG board you may remember that we met JDUB, Mango, Fast Roger, and Loc there last month when JDUB was headed home with his new Marathon. This is a beautiful part of the country and you should enjoy your stay. Give us a call if you would like to meet up!

Debi

Default Ashville

While in Ashville, don't miss the Farmer's Market. As good as it gets for fresh local produce. http://www.agr.state.nc.us/markets/f...ille/index.htm
    If the wife is a knitter (like mine) there is a upscale knit shop there, Yarn Paradise. www.yarnparadise.com

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    While in Ashville, don't miss the Farmer's Market. As good as it gets for fresh local produce. ttp://www.agr.state.nc.us/markets/fa...ille/index.htm If the wife is a knitter (like mine) there is a upscale knit shop there, Yarn Paradise. www.yarnparadise.com
    which happens to be very close to Bear Creek RV park If you have never been to the Biltmore it is an experience in and of itself. Amazing what people were able to build during that time period! They also have a nice winery

http://www.biltmore.com/visit/

"Be inspired by the relaxed elegance of George and Edith Vanderbilt's 250-room family home and country retreat in Asheville, NC. Discover original art from masters such as Renoir, magnificent 16th-century tapestries, Napoleon's chess set, a library with 10,000 volumes, a Banquet Hall with a 70-foot ceiling, 65 fireplaces, an indoor pool, bowling alley, and priceless antiques. Opened to friends on Christmas Eve 1895, this French Renaissance chateáu remains America's largest privately owned home."

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

A home built before income-taxes.

We went, at first thought admission was a little steep. Worth every penny.

Debi,

So, I'm curious. I went back and looked at the pictures from the taco tour, and it looks like a beautiful place.

I then went and read reviews at http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...Asheville.html

That was interesting. Several scathing comments, and several good. Hard to know what to expect? Review mentions narrow winding road entrance. I guess it really wasn't all that bad?

Thanks!
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Debi,

So, I'm curious. I went back and looked at the pictures from the taco tour, and it looks like a beautiful place.
    I then went and read reviews at http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...Asheville.html
    That was interesting. Several scathing comments, and several good. Hard to know what to expect? Review mentions narrow winding road entrance. I guess it really wasn't all that bad?
    Thanks!
    Ray
    Ray, the road to the is a little winding but not switch back or steep. The Parliament rally had about 40 some coaches there and we all survived without injury to ourselves or to our coaches. They do not have pull through slots so you have to know how to navigate and back up. If you are not comfortable steering your coach on a narrow road for a 1/2 mile or backing up, then I guess you need to find the closest Wal-mart :-) All the slots are paved and some are easier to back into then others. You need to tell them if you have slides because some sites better accomodate the slides. It is clean, has a nice pool, meeting room, showers, etc. Good 50 amp power as well. The setting, the view and options of things to do and see in Asheville are worth it, at least to us. Maybe Loc, JDUB and Mango will chime in. Jerry made his back up in one try

Just Plain Jeff Guest

We had a great time at the campground noted. Don't always believe everything you read about campgrounds in the guides. Someone may have just been having a bad day.

We were there with Debi and Bob-00 at the Parliament Travel Club rally and the facilities were great. (Both in 45-footers). The Ashville area is a terrific tourist area. They took us on a MangoBus to a motorcycle museum, then off to the Liberty Summer Home (Biltmore) and local shops and eateries. The 'road' to the Biltmore, now there is a narrow road.

It was a wonderful rally, except that Debi & Bob-00 had us parked nearby.

There goes the neighborhood.

Stelan73 Guest

Default Bear Creek

We'll give Bear Creek a try and be there 9/17-19. If anyone is around give us a call (540 270 2131). Thanks for the help.

Steve