Thread: Uline ice maker

ken&ellen Guest

Default Uline ice maker

Our Liberty came with a Uline icemaker! I gets very cold, but did not produce ice. Seems simple....water & cold temps=ice or the state of Maine.
    I opened up the cover to the ice maker portion located in the upper compartment only to find corrosion...lots of it. After several hours of wirebrushing ( is that a word ) and a touch of WD40 I was able to to make ice....sort of. The motor had be seized by the rust and eventhough I was able to get it operating....it is not 100%. I will contact Uline today to see if they can sell me the 3 RPH 120 volt timing motor or if they are going to force me to purchase the $175 replacement ice maker unit. There are timing motors available online for $26-39 range, but I would like the OEM version.
    Wish me luck. Ken

ken&ellen Guest

Ice is flowing. Before I called Uline I made a couple of minor adjustments to the mechanism and TAAADAAA.....ICE. Now it is time to buy the margaritta mix!!!

lewpopp Guest

Talking

I had a load of experience with the Uline Ice Maker.

Abiyt 4 years ago, Gulfstream Coach cleared out their warehouses of unwanted equipment and there was a pallet of ice makers. I bought 5 of them and resold them. Each one I ran before I sold it and had to make a few adjustments on a couple of them.

Water level is very important. How does the ice taste with WD40. That stuff is nearly a cure all.

lewpopp Guest

Talking

Aboutt 4 years ago, Gulfstream Coach cleared out their warehouses of unwanted equipment and there was a pallet of ice makers. I bought 5 of them and resold them. Each one I ran before I sold it and had to make a few adjustments on a couple of them.

Water level is very important. How does the ice taste with WD40. That stuff is nearly a cure all.

lewpopp Guest

Talking

About 4 years ago, Gulfstream Coach cleared out their warehouses of unwanted equipment and there was a pallet of ice makers. I bought 5 of them and resold them. I ran each before I sold it and had to make a few adjustments on a couple of them.

ken&ellen Guest

I was professionally trained by IBM as a tool and die maker; unfortunatley they went on a hiring freeze '67 ( including sub-contractors ). I turned to the electrical business and have been in it eversince. Bottom line is that I have developed a taste for WD40 over the years, but since I only applied it to the timing motor it will never come in contact with the ice
    Thanks. Ken