Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rv Headsets E S P

lewpopp Guest

Let's think about this prose that Jon is puttin upon us for a moment.

I expect the reason Jon is acting like this goes back to the first time he got the coach and when he pulled into the first campground, he said, "Di, would you get out and help direct me in to the spot?" she said very infaticly "Stick it Jon, this is your ride, your pride, and I am along only for the purpose of being 'arm jewlery' "

That's why Jon needs his meds.

Am I the only one who picked up on Mango Mike saying that the communication system he uses works well on both ends?

Seems to me it would be very uncomfortable if used on both ends and hard to wiggle and make it comfortable. Jeeeze !!!

I am presently at Parliament Coach for the rally and they have Mango's Mothership on the front row for display.

Lew,

I was going to let the "both ends" comment go because I really didn't want any further details. All I can say is that unlike JBUD I wouldn't want it sent to me to use after the both ends thing. I can understand the Blue Tooth for one end but what do you call the other? No, I really don't want to ask that do I?

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Lew,

I always know I can start my day with a laugh after reading your late night post happy hour comments.

Also please stand around the front of the Mothership making comments like "what a beaut, and way underpriced for a Liberty".

Your buddy,

Mango

Locman,

I'll have to PM you with the description of the other end of the Bluetooth as this is a family forum (Debi reads it).

Mike

lewpopp Guest

Mike, I'll do what I can to point it out to the buying folks, but someone set up a taco stand in front of it this afternoon. He is using the license plate that was on the front of your coach (MANGO MK) and is rubbing it on the chain link fence to make some noise to attract people. You know what I'm talking about. Remember running the tin cup on the bars of the cell when you were incarcerated? Oops, I wasn't supposed to let that out. Oh well, now I have to listen to JPJ scolding me for having let a cat out of the bag.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Jerry-

I have intentionally purchased phones that accept the wired headsets because I don't cotton to the bluetooth ones on my ear. Just don't fit snug enough. I've made a hobby out of trying almost everyone and brand out there. Because I NEVER use the phone without one, I run through them rather quickly. I move them from phone to phone (4 cell phones) and the Bluetooth can't plug and play quick enough for me.

The two you want to try are the Plaintronics one and I think even better (for tight fit/hence less back ground noice) is one by Panasonic. It folds up and goes in a pocket but is an over the head old fashioned type. Don't think they make a non folding one so don't bother looking. That one has a larger cushion and tighter fit and is my favorite. There both about $30 each.

Now, if you've got a new phone, they're phassing out the mini jack on those. You may find an adapter but unlikley. I just bought a Palm / phone device yesterday and it is devoid of the mini jack so I'm back to trying the wireless bluetooth and not getting jiggy with it so far. If your phone has a sim card, just keep a spare phone around and put your sim card in that phone (with a mini jack on it) and keep it in the bus all the time. If you go on Craits List and do a search for "Nextel" like I did, you'll find a truck load of used phones for $50 or so. I'm canceling my insurance on the phones becuase they just raised the detuctable through Signal to $100 instead of $30. Not worth it for the basic non Palm phones anymore when you can get a used one for half the detuctable.

Hope that helps.

Default Hard To Forget Rv Parks/ Wish I had Headsets

Like Jerry, this thread has brought back memories. Have any of you ever stayed at this RV park?

Red Coconut RV Resort
    3001 Estero Blvd.
    Fort Myers Beach FL 33931

In my opinion it is one of the best direct oceanfront access RV parks in Florida. When I stayed there, I had to be as close to the water as possible. I had a 40' 02, pusher Monaco. There are two sections to this park, one across the street and one directly on the beach. All went well getting into the site, with a few well wishers we managed to get in, very tight, lots of loose sand. The park was great, beach is a 10, couldn't ask for a better time. I should have known that I would pay the price on the exit. The park is setup so that to pull out you must exit right and go around to the beach front isle, and back to the South east to the left and out to the road, the only problem here is at the So East Corner there is a huge tree on the left, a wall separating the RV park from the next property and the entire turn is in the soft sand, not to mention all the tow vehicles. I made a wide turn toward the parked tow vehicles to the right, swung left toward the tree and ended up half way into the turn with half an inch from both the tree and the wall to the right. The mistake at this point was two fold. There were at this point at least 10 helpers and the sand was moving like an hour glass under my tires. My big mistake ( besides not having headsets) was to backup and change the angle of the approach at least 10 times. The sand shifted each time changing not only the angle of the approach, but the degree of the rig as it approached the offending tree and wall. As I approached the tree to the left, the wall to the right the coach starts to lean into the tree, in the tire rut and now I'm listing to the left by 3 degrees and have no room at all. Everyone in the park began to help, each I think had head sets on, all talking to me at the same time. I was even convinced at this point that the weight of all those people standing around was making my coach slip closer toward the tree as the sand was coming out of the hour glass underneath each tire. needless to say I was sweating like a pig. I made so many trips out of the door that I was out of breath. Almost an hour went by before I could get out of this spot, and it required a near disassembly of the motorcoach, a paving company, an arborist, a mason and an army of helpers. I escaped with no damage other than my pride, and at that point I didn't even give a sh.. about that, just wanted a clean shirt, and a beer. I almost forgot to hook up my toad that was across the street running, and barely had the energy to connect the two.

Bruce. PS> No sand in my future, and I always do a recon before deciding on a slip, and yes I own headsets now.

Glad you got out of that one with no damage, Bruce. I figured out long ago that I'm going to exit the park by whatever direction offers the most room for the coach. I might be going the wrong way down a one way campground road, but by golly I'm taking the easy way out and often times it's the same way I came in.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Hand Signals

I guess one story remind me of another. I use the cell phones and keep mine on speaker inside and it works fine but I've got another problem. I can't seem to teach my wife hand signals. She flails her arms and waives and the body language is tryign to do something but now, I let her stay in the bus. I'm safer by myself than am with her doing chineese sign language. Anyone got a video tape I can make her watch that teaches hand signals ? He,he.

I think we should all take an aviation hand signal course, but I would get it backwards anyway when i look in the mirror.

I agree, and had I done what you said it would have been a 100' ride backwards up the one way road and out the exit.