Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rv Headsets E S P

Exclamation Rv Headsets E S P

jello_jeep :

Warren, I remember awhile back you said you would buy something like these if they were available.

New product for you to try. RV Headsets E asy S afe P arking

RV head sets aviation style. Claimed to have 200 foot range and powered by 9 v batteries. Voice activated transmit, and you can talk and listen at the same time for hands free operation.

Phone: (719) 338-3138

http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-RV5407.html
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 01-09-2008 at 08:53 AM.

So Easy Even A Cave Man Can Do It!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Post For Warren

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    jello_jeep :

Warren, I remember awhile back you said you would buy something like these if they were available.

New product for you to try. RV Headsets E asy S afe P arking

RV head sets aviation style. Claimed to have 200 foot range and powered by 9 v batteries. Voice activated transmit, and you can talk and listen at the same time for hands free operation.

Phone: (719) 338-3138

http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-RV5407.html
    Added a link to a sales site.
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 01-09-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Thumbs down

For the rare times when I need help backing into or out of a tight situation, Jan takes her cell phone and bails out. I call her on my cell, put it on speaker and sit it next to me.
    I've already got enough crap to keep up with and don't need to add anything else.

I have a handheld CB for this function. It works pretty well and I can also use it when we are moving the coach and the toad separately and need to chat quickly.

My question is has anyone come up with a decent headset that they use in the coach for their cell phone?

I don't necessarily want to broadcast my conversation all over the coach and with the other things going on (noise) I wanted something that could overcome the ambient noise. I have tried several Bluetooth headsets and unless I have an undiagnosed hearing problem, I can't hear very well with them if there is much background noise. While I have stopped short of using my Bose X aviation headset with the cell phone connector I have in the plane, I wouldn't mind using the Bose noise cancelling headset I have for my iPod if I could figure out the microphone part.

I tried two wired headsets on this last trip. The dog chewed up the first one after about two uses, but it was the type with the ear canal piece that I thought would work well. It didn't. I then tried one that was a half head type deal with a pad over one ear that had its own volume control. It worked okay if I applied slight pressure to the ear pad so short of bungee strapping the stupid thing to my head, that didn't work. And Mango Mike said it sounded "tinny", so it didn't meet any of the criteria.

I guess I can run thru the list of them at Radio Shack and keep trying to find a winner, but if someone has solved this problem, I am "all ears".

Default Tnx

Tnx Jim, I will take a look-see.

Default Headset

Jerry, if you have an Iphone, the earbuds that come with it are great.

I have the wireless bluetooth too, and it is ok, but if you use the buds that come with an Iphone, you will find yourself turning the volume down, which is a first for me

You can also hang up from a conversation by pressing the little bump in the right earpiece cord.

Have not had too many complaints about background noise, at least not as much as with the bluetooth.

Default Guaranteed to Piss People Off

Guys,

You are supposed to possess the skills to drive the big bus.

You don't need headsets, CBs, walkie talkies, or hand signals. You need to be able to park them using your mirrors and knowledge of what is around you, and where the corners of the bus are. If you are unsure, you as driver need to get out of the seat and walk around the bus to verify there is nobody or no thing in your path.

Having stuff like the devices listed above and a helper to guide you is like training wheels on a Harley.

Let the flaming begin.

Bus Jon and Fast Roger in lieu of using Walkie/Talkies.

Picture 31.jpg

mm

JDUB,

This is the unit I purchased and used only a couple of times, until my phone failed to "bluetooth" it, as the Z9 wasn't compatible with my current phone. The few times I used it, it sounded great from both ends.

Picture 30.jpg

Here's a review from CNET.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/blu...9.html?tag=sub

Plus you may want to read the 43 current users review also.

mm