Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-Sponsor Participation

dreadnought Guest

Why aren't Prevost, Marathon, Liberty, Michelin & Crapco members of this forum? They don't want to be? The site owner won't let them? Because it costs a hundred bucks?
    Or a thousand? Give me a break. What would it be worth to be able to ask a converter a question and get an answer in writing that we ALL could see. No more rumor, conjecture, he said, she said bull*#@^. You know, questions like,.. Why does it take a weeks labor to align slide pins? Or... Who's bright idea was it to make a tire size that you can't get. I wouldn't care what they did at rallies, ain't got time for em, got to work to pay for this million dollar contraption. Get em on here. I got first dibs on cross examination.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Bill I have wondered how many of those folks are here in GUEST status just listening. I'll bet there are a few.

Bill,

I know some are, and more specifically there are some who can address your questions. I cannot understand why those manufacturers or suppliers do not jump in when we try to bumble around and answer some questions.

We as owners only develop a degree of knowledge when we personally experience something on our own coaches, so when we try to help one another our perspective is limited compared to the folks that build the product. Since I doubt that Michelin or the Double Coin tire manufacturers are monitoring this I'll use that as an example. We had a lot of discussion relative to tires. I for one would have loved to have one or both start posting the reasons why their product might be more appropriate for our coaches. Would it be selling....yes, but if the selling was in the context of explaining the attributes of the product we all would have learned a lot about tires.

Is there anybody that is a member of this group that would object to someone from Prevost responding to questions or comments? All of us would benefit from those posts.

All I can say is that we as group members need to keep reminding our converters and suppliers that we want their participation in our forum, or some way to establish lines of communication that would allow information sharing. I would like it even if it were via links to the converter's or supplier's web site and their own forums limited to customers. As long as we can get the information we require. Newell has an excellent site in that respect so there is no reason our converters and suppliers can't do it.

As to the tire size issue....I'd bet that Prevost is responding to the market that insists on adding more and more weight, and that there is no readily available tire size that will get the job done. If I had your coach I would weigh it and if the individual axle weights and the side to side balance was OK I would put 315 all around. They are not sitting in stock at the local truck stop, but at least they are more common than the 365s. I would be surprised if your new Liberty front axle weight would exceed the limits for 315 tires.

While dealing with my KVH issue I mentioned to a senior tech that other customers were unhappy with their products. I told him someone from their company should go on our site and review some of the comments posted. As in any business the customer satisfaction level is paramont. Companies spend thousands of dollars for market research and opinion polls. He stated they were not aware of any customer satisfaction issues like I discussed. I gave them the web site address to do a little research but they said they couldnt get in.

Do we want companies like this to "get in ?" Would it accelerate our position in the marketplace ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Smile Non Sponsor Participation

It is very easy for me to put in my two cents worth on this subject as I am not the owner of this site. However I am of the opinion that the more support, knowledge, experience, suppliers, that this board can offer to the Prevost / SOB owners the better and stronger this forum will be. As a member of this forum I attempt to promote and encourage all bus owners that I have the opportunity to speak with to sign up into POG because of all the help I have received from the existing Members. Many times the question comes up - Are the Converters on there? Yes Sir some of em even sponsor meals at the Rallies etc.

Imagine the possibilities if we had the pertinet Tracstar, Alpine, Webasto, Kohler, DD, Allison, Prevost, Norgren, Tire Companies, Converters, Appliance, plumbing, electronics, you name it suppliers on board monitoring questions and giving good answers to questions from our members. In addition our members could praise their product or fire em up because of a stupid faulty design. ( I should say constructive criticism)

Everyone in every quality business wants a good name, good reputation, and direct customer feedback inorder to get that "repeat customer and referral business'.

I would encourage our Webmaster/ Administrators to consider a program to encourage supplier type members to participate in this forum. At last check I see the membership is over the 300 mark. If you assume that most have a bus- some have two, maybe three (too embarrassed to claim) that is a lot of LEWBUCKS in anybodies market.

Exsposure is the name of the game to sell a bus, it also applies to information, the more the we have on board to offer info, the more apt we are to receive credible info and inturn offer the feedback for these companies to improve their products and design the flaws out of the product.

Maybe that was three cents worth.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Let us all remember that before we can no longer see the forest because of the trees, we can always pick up a phone a call direct to the main service techs that are supposed to know. Then we can post the details or the helpful hints at least.

As a do-it-myselfer on as much as I can, sort of guy, I always call on my Prevost service guys first, or who ever I need to talk to on the different part of the conversion, e.g. wabasto, kohler, cruisair.

dalej Guest

I really like to think of POG as one of my really nice tools, kind of like one that sits next to my 1 inch impact that makes taking off those 22.5 wheels and tires a snap. POG does for me what my 20 ton air over hydraulic jack does for raising the bus.

I think you just need a good assortment of good tools and POG is one of them. Lets not try to make it less or more then it is.

I log on to hdforums.com about harleys there are sometimes 1000 people logged on at once and your questions can just get by-passed in a manner of a minutes.
    Last edited by dalej; 09-12-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Default 315 Availability

Just for the fun of it, I decided to call 3 truck stops at random to see if they had a 315/80 R 22.5 tire in stock. One out of the three had it. I use the 315/80 R 22.5 Load L rated at 65mph tire on my steer axle. The one they had in stock was a 55 mph tire.

My rear tires are 11R24.5 Load H rated at 65mph. All three truck stops had these tires in stock.

I guess the moral of this story is if I am going to get a flat; get it on the back tires!

Maybe I'll buy an extra 315, paint it white, and strap it down on the roof!
    Louise already told me that I can't put it in the shower!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I agree with Dale. This and the other site is but one of the tools available to use. Since Prevost has allowed access to pneumatic and electrical diagrams that are serial number specific I have made a lot of use of that site, and the CD we got from Jerry for parts, along with my Prevost shop manual and parts list books and I have a lot of information.

Where this site is unmatched is in the area of consumer reviews. I have learned a lot about who has good products and who supports them.

Since Prevost has allowed access to pneumatic and electrical diagrams that are serial number specific I have made a lot of use of that site
    I wasn't aware of that. Where specifically can we get that info?

Ray