Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Deal Prevost Car 08 Rally?

dalej Guest

Jeff, I as others will get invites from Prevost and Country Coach so what is the plan? I'm sure the converters would like all their coachs in with them.

We are not trying to seperate ourselfs from our converters are we.

I guess I am back to the "we don't have enough information to decide" mode. Or at least I am in that mode. I agree with Dale that I am not a very profitable customer to Prevost and the secondary market only helps them in a limited manner. If I wanted to sell new coaches, I don't think I would target our group either, but there is some validity to us owning a lot of their stuff and being quazi ambassadors to their business.

Yep $1000 is a lot of cash. But what do we get? We don't know, so I can't say if that is a good deal or not. And I am really not concerned with who else will be there. I don't intend to get into a net worth pissing contest with some PP dude, so if my buddies are there, then so much the better. The only PP guy I know is MangoMike, so that doesn't help their cause, but I am open to new ideas.

As the POG, I don't see that we have a lot in common with the SOB guys and I am sure they view us with the same eye that some view the other Prevost groups. While we don't limit the group to only Prevost owners, I am not sure I would care to have a seminar at one of our rallys about how the flush-o-matic on the PlastiKrakster works or the inner workings of the propane fridge as they have no bearing on our coaches with the end result being I am sure they think we are quit the snobbish lot. So I would hope we could be a little objective, but it would appear the lines are forming up.

Gees! JDUB Truk actually was going to give a talk on exactly those same two subjects. He is still our friend and we should make some allowance toward plastic for that reason. You and the Mang have been pretty rough on him.

Dale: Regarding your reference to CC and the Prevost Rally. Liberty has sent all of us owners of Liberty's a pre-paid invitation to the event. Now that's class. If you other Liberty owners have not received yours contact Dave Wall at Liberty. dave.wall@libertycoach.com and don't hold your breath.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Harry's back and he is on top of his game. He just killed several birds with one stone, and at the end of the day there will still be some on this site that won't get it.

BTW Harry, I did what you said and I did get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by hhoppe View Post
    Gees!Dale: Regarding your reference to CC and the Prevost Rally. Liberty has sent all of us owners of Liberty's a pre-paid invitation to the event. Now that's class. If you other Liberty owners have not received yours contact Dave Wall at Liberty. dave.wall@libertycoach.com and don't hold your breath.
    Does this mean I need to email Nelson at Millennium??

Looking back, two years ago who would have thought that POG would be facing the dilemma of being recognized by Prevost Car and searching for an appropriate response to their impending invitation? Hard to believe we only had 11 couples or so at POGI !!

I have spoken several times with Steve Mitchell at Parliament and he has indicated to me that POG is definitely on the map where the convertors are concerned. Nice to hear that......

Debi and Bob-03/00

Deb,

Do we really care if we are recognized by Prevost Car? I think it would be nice if they would step forward and offer us advice on service and maintenance, maybe offer POG members trade discounts on parts and service, and even participate on our forums, but look at what we have done in a short time, especially with respect to the knowledge we have gained.

I bet I am not far off when I say this group literally possesses the talent and ability to take a bus apart and put it back together. We have a lot of very smart folks here and I think the strength of POG is we share it with anybody that asks.

The best part is we all have a lot of new friends with common interests.

"Build it and they will come"...

Jdub not to worry, if the sun in Branson starts to melt the glue holding the dues's panels on, I will bring my Whitney punch and several dozen SS rivets to put it back together again. I think they use glue or some other plastic derivitive to hold them on. A guy has to be prepared for all eventiality's.
    A little jealousy poping out here on my part. You have aquired a beautiful coach.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Deb,
    Do we really care if we are recognized by Prevost Car? .........The best part is we all have a lot of new friends with common interests.
    Jon, I can't say that I particularly "care" but they have approached us and there will likely be a day when POG as a group will need to reply. Maybe we should wait and see if/what they may have to offer us? The opinion that Prevost has of me personally will never effect my life, that much I know for sure

I agree, new friends with common interests and a collective group of knowledge is priceless.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I don't want to get too far afield here, but the question has come up about the relationship between 'customers' (that would be y'all) and the converters v. Prevost.

Prevost considers anyone who owns one of their shells as a 'customer' yet it is the converters who are risking their capital and livelihood in buying a Prevost shell as a component and you can bet their point of view is that if you own an XYZ coach, that you are considered to be their customer.

This is a tricky area as some work, for any converter, has to be done by Prevost, yet Prevost is trying now to broaden their service into converted areas, such as awnings, appliances and so on.

Not all the converters have signed onto the Quebec 08 deal, as it is still in the formative stages, as I hoped I had mentioned clearly so far in this thread.

We won't know what the program is until it has been decided and I think we have some input on that. So far, a consistent theme has been a factory tour. Any other ideas? The more specific your commentary is, the better handle we have in getting back with them.

Please be mindful that the rally would be the days right after the Fourth of July as currently planned.

Thanks all. Let's keep the good thoughts coming in.