Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Deal Prevost Car 08 Rally?

I don't think Prevost gets it. They need to look outside the gilded box.

All they really have to do to win the hearts of MOST of the POGgers is to have us up for a little BBQ, a tour and a bunch of technical Howtos and we'd be like a bunch of loyal puppy dogs yappin' in the breeze about those good guys in Canada.

We don't need the big white tent treatment with the Ice Capades.

mm

It is not the money that irritates me as much as the fact that POG has been treated like an ugly stepchild.
    I realize I'm a bit naive here, but how have we been treated as a step child? If anything, we're such a new organization. I just checked, and the first POG posting here was 12/28/05. That's less than two years ago.

It's certainly possible that it's taken a couple of years for POG to gain enough credibility as an organization that's going to be around for awhile?

I've never met anyone from the PP's, so I can't say at all how they feel about our group. Everyone I've ever mentioned it too has been positive towards it, but that is pretty limited contact with Prevo owners outside our group.

Ray

Default Prevost Factory Rally

I agree with Jon and Jerry. To paraphrase an old saying, "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." I would like to see what is offered for our money before turning up my nose at the idea. Also, as a pilot and a bus owner I want to know about the mechanical side of my vehicle. If you have ever had an in-flight fire as a result of a mechanic making a mistake on the annual inspection of a single engine aircraft you would want to know everything that makes these damn things tick. That is one of the reasons I am a POG member; to pick the brains of the wonderful people in this group. (mostly Jon) Another reason is the sharing nature of the members, be it wine, margaritas, or great ideas. As for Prevost's plan, I think they need to solicit ideas for their rally rather than dictate what they want and what they expect from us and the other groups.

Another benefit to us might be learning about the other Prevost groups and how they operate. In summary, I believe we need to keep our minds open. Like a parachute, they operate better that way.

Hows about an advance team to check this out and report back. I think the $$ set everyone off . I sat down with two Prevost guys at dinner @ Beaudry in Tucson as well as at POG lll. They were informative and we had a good time.
    We drive Prevosts , we buy Prevosts, we work on Prevosts, we obsess on our Prevosts, so whats wrong with going to a Prevost function?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

This is hearsay, but it is my understanding that Prevost cast their lot with the Prevost Proud. I have no knowledge of the Prouds nor how they function today, but I was a member when the rallies were like what Mango described. They were a bunch of folks that loved the Prevost for its superiority as a motorhome and Prevost treated us very well as sponsors of dinners, very good technical sessions, and they provided brand new coaches to transport us to various venues.

At the time Tom Harbison and Bill Campbell owned Prevost and they had conversions just like we did. They were one of us.

Then the Prouds experienced a rapid growth spurt and the newcomers outnumbered the originals and the shift in the focus was dramatic. It was all about whose coach was newer or bigger or had more glitz and it was a contest of BS artists. There was little interest in the technical sessions and they turned into sales pitches extolling the virtues of the newest shells. That's the history as Di and I saw it. Other people may have a different point of view.

Prevost hung with the Prouds and participated financially in the Proud events. When POG started it made no effort to participate, including doing something as simple as having someone assigned to the two forums to answer technical questions. I cannot imagine a better thing than to have Prevost and the converters actively participate in the forums. They could get a sense of the concerns and issues of their customers for the price of a membership. And I think we would benefit greatly with their participation. We've proven we can do a pretty good rally without them.

dalej Guest

Just looking at it from my perspective, If I were Prevost I wouldn't want me. I'm a do it your selfer, it will be done right, kind of guy. I don't put much food on Prevosts table. I bought my coach used, joined POG so I could learn to do much of the upkeep myself. So why would Prevost want me?

In the Harley owners group, after you buy your first new bike, you get a one year free membership in HOG, then thats it, you pay to play after that.

I really think they are just looking at numbers and where there next meal is coming from.

Dale,

I WANT YOU!

Just kidding.

I think if Prevost is smart they will look at the big, long term picture. You and I will never buy a new Prevost. But like Mac owners, were Evangelist about the product. Our increasing knowledge about these great vehicles may well flow onto someone who could afford a new one and voila a new sale for Prevost.

It sort of the watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves approach.

This group is gaining momentum like a train down a 6% grade and Prevost, if they're smart, should jump on board.

mm

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Just looking at it from my perspective, If I were Prevost I wouldn't want me. I'm a do it your selfer, it will be done right, kind of guy. I don't put much food on Prevosts table. I bought my coach used, joined POG so I could learn to do much of the upkeep myself. So why would Prevost want me?

In the Harley owners group, after you buy your first new bike, you get a one year free membership in HOG, then thats it, you pay to play after that.

I really think they are just looking at numbers and where there next meal is coming from.
    Dale,

Prevost should want you because if you don't buy the used Prevost - How is the seller going to buy a NEW one? The secondary market is tantamount to the new market!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

dalej Guest

I forgot say...

I wouldn't go to the Prevost rally for a get together in 08, not because I wouldn't want to see the factory, but I have a feeling that it would be a huge group of people that have millions of dollars and know it. Just the price of admission told me that. I like hanging with people that have millions of Lewbucks and don't know it.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

At this point, as originally noted, we don't have a lot of information about the rally. Apparently Prevost Car, however, is holding hard to several issues:

1. The rally would be registered, held and be the responsibility of PCC.

2. The admission fee will not be less than $1000.00US

3. No schedule of events has been determined at this point.

4. The idea is to in fact include POG as a major group in the event. (They came to us).

5. The original concept was to have every group have their own rally with a final Prevost dinner event on the last night. That has been flipped around; with PCC in charge of everything except one evening (as I understand it) left for the individual groups to do their own thing.

Trying to stay neutral in this...the dates are right after the Fourth of July weekend here in the U.S.

Please understand that this posting may have been premature, but since POG is all about finding out about things ahead of time if possible and being the 'insider group,' we have to deal with raw information as it becomes available, hence this thread.

Hope this helps.