Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Deal Prevost Car 08 Rally?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Big Deal Prevost Car 08 Rally?

In the spirit of providing behind-the-scenes and events on the forefront. Here is what is going on.

We have been in touch with Prevost Car. The following is provided without any editorial commentary on my part (hopefully).

Prevost Car is now recognizing that POG, along with Bus n Bikers and other groups represent the spectrum of Prevost owners. They want to juice up new shell sales. They are discussing, with some converters, a Prevost Car-sponsored rally commemorating the 400th founding of Quebec, July 7-11 next summer at Quebec City. They have a committee established with a hired rally-master. Unlike previous rallies, Prevost would be in charge of the registration, fees, program and so on. There would be only one evening when individual clubs would have their own time together. The rest of the event would be controlled by Prevost.

Prevost is insistent that the rally fee for this event would be $1000-1500 per coach. At this juncture, there is no schedule on the boards, except that there would be a dinner at some point bringing all the clubs together.

Unlike some of the other groups, POG operates differently. There is no 'President' or organizational structure. So, decisions are made by each of you as to interest level, involvement level and so on.

It is quickly coming to the point where we have to begin to respond to their proposals in some fashion so it's time to post your ideas based on the information which I have just provided.

I'll check in from time to time and answer questions if I can as more information becomes available. As noted, I have my own thoughts about this but have decided to (for once) to keep my mouth shut and fingers from babbling on, since your thoughts may be far different than mine.

So here is your chance to comment freely about the intentions of such a rally in order for us to better communicate with the shell-builder.

Thanks so much.

Count me out.

I prefer to not spend my money for a sales pitch. I have attended the Liberty rallies (which are the same thing) to learn my coach and if necessary get some Liberty specific repairs, but they are way less than that in price, and they speak English.

I agree with Jon. It sounds to me like Prevost Car is targeting the "Other" group that don't mine shelling out $1500 for the priviledge of saying they are proud they attended this expensive rally.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I gotta wax the bus that week.

Although at some time I would like to tour the factory and find the guy who scribed Pierre Lives on the tag axle.

mm

Just Plain Jeff Guest

One of the 'other' groups has already said they didn't want to be a part of it.

Ahem.

Does $1500.00 include the plane tickets?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

We are the customers, shouldn't be any fee. I went to the Prevost dinner two years ago in Charlotte and the whole gala event was free! I would like to tour the facility though....

It's a little unfortunate that POG is finally getting recognized as a valid Prevost "group" (for lack of a better term), and our first thought is to blow them off.

I agree that it's pricey, and I'm in no position to go (I have used every bit of my last two years vacations going to POG rallies!!), but something inside me says we need to perhaps pay some attention to this.

It seems that this may be a place where POG can start to be recognized somewhat.

I don't know what the right answer is, but totally blowing them off like this feels wrong.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 08-22-2007 at 09:35 PM.

I guess I wouldn't mind a trip to Canada, eh and I don't mind flying the POG flag a little, but what does that price cover? It may be perfectly reasonable, but I would need some more information.

As for a sales issue, if we shun this type activity, then do we need to puke up the food we at our own rally that was bought by various vendors or suppliers?

I have to think we could arrange for some off the chart technical sessions with all the Prevost brain trust at our disposal, so I don't dismiss that so quickly either.

And I think that we can challenge the other Prevost numbnuts to a Mentos and Diet Coke extravaganza as to prove out technical superiority.

It is not the money that irritates me as much as the fact that POG has been treated like an ugly stepchild.

By everybody.

It is almost like someone that wants to have a little better understanding of their coach isn't real Prevost material.

The pilots on this forum will understand that certain things like planes and Prevosts are the types of things that do require an understanding. Sure you can get in one, turn the key and drive away, but that is not the smartest thing to do. Until POG, and after the PP morphed into a group that compared balance sheets there was a void. All of a sudden we are good enough now that we are filling a void?

I think we will gain respect from Prevost, respect we have from some very good converters and suppliers, but I would rather see Prevost come to us. A factory tour is definitely a worthwhile experience for those that have not seen it.