Thread: Lifting rear of coach

Hybrid View

ken&ellen Guest

Default Trailer

Dale, I am with you....put it in the trailer. The lift, as discussed in earlier posts, can stress the chassis of a Prevost. Remember that rear of the back wheels is already a very heavy engine! The trailer protects the bike and allows for some storage. Ellen & I have a single axle motorcycle trailer, but are currently looking to move to a tandem axle unit to improve stability in the event of a blowout. The unit in the picture, while interesting, is relying on a very small tire rotating at very high RPM!!!! Ellen drives the Liberty with the trailer...no problem. We both practised with the trailer at the school yard prior to departure. Ken & Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by ken&ellen View Post
    Dale, I am with you....put it in the trailer. The lift, as discussed in earlier posts, can stress the chassis of a Prevost. Remember that rear of the back wheels is already a very heavy engine! The trailer protects the bike and allows for some storage. Ellen & I have a single axle motorcycle trailer, but are currently looking to move to a tandem axle unit to improve stability in the event of a blowout. The unit in the picture, while interesting, is relying on a very small tire rotating at very high RPM!!!! Ellen drives the Liberty with the trailer...no problem. We both practised with the trailer at the school yard prior to departure. Ken & Ellen

I probably misspoke when I said "she didnt want to deal with it" I meant she didnt want to deal with the possibility of having to back a trailer down in a tight situation. I am all for a trailer and admit the lift looks like it is out there,however I ran it by Vantare before installing and they didnt seem to think it was a problem. Jury is still definitely out on this one.For what its worth it is an XL
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

GDeen Guest

Thanks for the info Tuga - will see what I can find on that discussion.

As to the trailer, I don't mind pulling one a bit. I do want a toad though and a trailer to pull the toad and bike would them be something I would have to deal with all the time when parking or "camping", and not sure I want the trouble of finding a place to dump it. Maybe that is less hassle than I am making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tuga
    lift should not be put on any Prevost except an XL. XLV and XL II's will not handle the load
    I'm no expert in this, but I believe that when Tuga indicated XLV, that includes your coach. I believe that XL = 40 ft, but XLV = 45 foot. I think your signature indicates a 45 foot, which makes it an XLV?

Ray

ps: just did a search and found this reference post from Jon
    http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...read.php?t=365