Almost everybody that wants to bring their car and a bike uses a trailer that holds both. There are many options and considerations there as well. I don't think it is so widespread that it is a serious consideration, but with a 45 foot coach almost any trailer makes your overall length greater than the 65 feet almost every state allows.

I have spoken to several owners that have been ticketed for exceeding the 65 foot length and the opinion appears to be that the benefits of the trailer are greater than the cost of the tickets.

But there are other options. There are devices that load a bike onto a pickup to avoid the excitement factor of driving up and down a plank. Some folks have gotten an H3 and stored the bike in the first bay (it is tall enough on an H to do that) and then just towed the car.

The Prevost limit is 1000 pounds hitch (tongue) weight and 10,000 pounds for the towed weight. Prevost has engineered a reinforcement modification that I believe allows a 2000 pound tongue weight and a 20,000 pound towed weight. If Kevin is reading the forum maybe he can comment on this.