Thread: Parking on I-81

Threaded View

ken&ellen Guest

Exclamation Parking on I-81

On the return leg of a Savannah, GA to Saratoga Springs, NY trip we experienced a problem with our driver side steer tire at the 137 mile post of I-81 North of Harrisburg, PA. I was not sure of the damage I eased the coach to the shoulder of the heavily travelled corridor. Due to the very high volume of truck traffic it was almost impossible to do a walk around to pinpoint the problem, but we could see that all tires were inflated I crawled under the front bumper and was shocked at what I saw
    We called our road side service and they were having a difficult time locating anyone that could deal with our size coach and we were in an impossible spot to change a tire....if they could obtain one! We took the bull by the horns and contacted the Pennsylvannia State Police. They came out and followed us, lights flashing, at 5 MPH to an abandoned weight station 3 1/2 miles down the interstate. We are finally in a safe location, but no tires until the next morning....Welcome to Camp Interstate 81.
    The next day we contacted, tired of waiting for Coach-Net, Mc Carthy Tire ( regional chain VA, PA, NJ, & WV) they came immediately and changed both front tires and we continued on our way. No one from FMCA or Good Sams stopped to offer assistance...yet campers, motorhomes, and yes...Prevosts blew by us.....probably Prevost Prouds...cause I know POG members would stop to help.......RIGHT.
    Attached Images Attached Images