Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicking my self again.

garylstevens Guest

Default she'd back hand me until tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I need a "nag" to remind me of stuff like that.
    Jon you got a lot of guts ? If I ever called my wife that, she'd back hand me until tomorrow and then some. Besides I like to have mine nag me everyonce in awhile, cause it keeps me awake driving down the road, Know what I mean?

Gary S

dalej Guest

I think he meant to say nudge, yea I'm sure of it. Jon knows this bunch of guys and gals would bring that back up at some ackward time.

For those of you who are challenged with the written word, go back and read exactly what I said....I said I need a nag, an obvious compliment to my long suffering wife who does not fit that description.

Unlike some others who have done some things I will not bring up here I tread lightly especially around the vultures that populate this site and who will not hesitate to pick the body clean after one mistake.

Default Generator Battery Discharge In Storage

Our 2000 Liberty Generator battery discharges completely when left in storage. The storage area only provides 15 Amp power. This requires the coach to be completely shut down electrically. The following switches are shut off: 24V & 12V in rear engine bay, two main inverter switches in second bay drivers side, all interior panel switches at inverter display. I hook up one Battery tender to 12V house batteries, and one 24V Battery Tender to the 24V chasis batteries.
    The generator has a watchdog system which I know zero about, but I suspect there in lies the problem. I do not have literature on that system.
    The battery is new which indicates a possible previous problem. Any help here would be apreciated.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Harry,

In addition to the switches you are shutting down, does your Liberty have a main house battery shutoff on the DC fuse panel? On our 94 it is in the third driver's side bay. Also, in reference to the Battery Watchdog. Liberty will not share any circuit diagrams of that system. Bill and Troy however, have been very helpful in answering questions about the system. I wouldn't think that with all electrical switches shut off, the Watchdog would be the cause of your drain.
    ....Jon?

Default Harry

Harry, can't you put the battery tender on the engine batts, then just dial one inverter down to 10 amps or whatever it will hold (on the incoming shore cord setting) then plug the bus in and set the one inverter you changed the setting on, to charge mode ?

Thats how I be doin it.

Harry,

Warren's got it. I was doing that with my Liberty at the Church of Love with only a 20amp circuit.

Mike

Warren & Mike: Thanks for the advice, I have only 15 amps to work with and when I leave I'm 90 mkiles from there. No way to check on it for a month or so.
    I'm not familiar enough with the inverters yet to start flipping buttons. I'll follow Brians suggestion and call Liberty tomorrow.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

VegasDogMan Guest

Hate to admit it but on my Liberty I've never removed the cover from the generator battery case in the 2 yrs I've owned the coach. I'm expecting to have trouble soon because of my neglect so will probably replace battery this fall and start anew.

Anyway, I'm under the assumption that the Generator Battery is charged by Generator alone not engine and not inverters. I could be wrong?

On another note, I've been in a number of campgrounds this summer with only 20A and have survived by turning off one Battery Charger and setting the other Freedom 25 to draw maximum 5A on charge. Was able to keep batteries up and run fridge, limited TV and a window fan.

Couldn't run on 20A GFI because of the way liberty has coach wired.
    (Found a way to "cheat" and get around this but will not post it publicly)

Hi Harry. You have to un plug the watch dog ribbion connection at the watchdog box. Then you can run the generator from its own start and stop switches on the gen. The battery, should be independant. I will look at mine and be in touch. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide