Thread: Kicking my self again.

Hybrid View

Harry,

Warren's got it. I was doing that with my Liberty at the Church of Love with only a 20amp circuit.

Mike

Warren & Mike: Thanks for the advice, I have only 15 amps to work with and when I leave I'm 90 mkiles from there. No way to check on it for a month or so.
    I'm not familiar enough with the inverters yet to start flipping buttons. I'll follow Brians suggestion and call Liberty tomorrow.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

VegasDogMan Guest

Hate to admit it but on my Liberty I've never removed the cover from the generator battery case in the 2 yrs I've owned the coach. I'm expecting to have trouble soon because of my neglect so will probably replace battery this fall and start anew.

Anyway, I'm under the assumption that the Generator Battery is charged by Generator alone not engine and not inverters. I could be wrong?

On another note, I've been in a number of campgrounds this summer with only 20A and have survived by turning off one Battery Charger and setting the other Freedom 25 to draw maximum 5A on charge. Was able to keep batteries up and run fridge, limited TV and a window fan.

Couldn't run on 20A GFI because of the way liberty has coach wired.
    (Found a way to "cheat" and get around this but will not post it publicly)

Hi Harry. You have to un plug the watch dog ribbion connection at the watchdog box. Then you can run the generator from its own start and stop switches on the gen. The battery, should be independant. I will look at mine and be in touch. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

RE: Garyd

On my 97 Liberty there was a special red override switch you had to flip before removing the ribbon cable.

Mike

Mike. Your correct, I forgot that step.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Harry, please call me and I will be happy to go over and check your coach for a proper charge before you head this way. Don't mind checking it out for you every couple of weeks. Toll-Free at my office is 866-286-4026. Don't forget we're taking you and Shirley to the Nugget for some fine steaks!