Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicking my self again.

Angry Kicking my self again.

I left the ignition key on 4-5 days ago. What a putz. I have been charging the battieries all day. I think thy will come back. Here'e the thing, I m constantlly being reminded in all my other vehicles when I forget to take the key out...Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding........ Why the heck does'nt Prevost have this simple reminder?:

Oh, and by the way, I have not been a proponent of the word 'Sparky' in refering to electrical matters. I have been a electrical Contractor for 30 years and an electrician for 40years and have always felt the word was dumb.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Wow, too bad Gary.. They should come back up..

As for the sparky term, I don't think its meant to call anyone dumb, just a light hearted bit of fun.

Although not my primary duty, I have a C-10 too, and have been called sparky.. I think it was a friend of mine who does cabinets.. So I now call him "termite"... All in good fun...

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    I left the ignition key on 4-5 days ago. What a putz. I have been charging the battieries all day. I think thy will come back. Here'e the thing, I m constantlly being reminded in all my other vehicles when I forget to take the key out...Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding........ Why the heck does'nt Prevost have this simple reminder?:

Oh, and by the way, I have not been a proponent of the word 'Sparky' in refering to electrical matters. I have been a electrical Contractor for 30 years and an electrician for 40years and have always felt the word was dumb.

Omnitech Guest

Talking Mastr teknishun

You know, adding a "dinger" for whenever the key is on but engine not running is not a bad idea at all. Might make for a fun freeform discussion at the next POG rally. What do you think?

Omnitech Guest

Talking Mastr teknishun

Here's another to ponder: How about a warning dinger that lets you know if your chassis battery voltage is getting low? I know Country Coach has one that works through the voice processor (nag, nag, nag). It would be a simple exercise to add a circuit with a "dinger" to alert you when the battery volts cross a certain threshold. Maybe do double duty with the "key on, engine not running" dinger. Perhaps two different dingers? Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, and I'll gin up something to bring to Branson. Might be fun.

dalej Guest

This is starting to sound good, I like this thread! I always prefer a soldering gun in my hand to grease on my hand!

I have been a electrical Contractor for 30 years and an electrician for 40years.[/QUOTE]

Gary this is amazing you really don't look 70 years old?
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

Well Harry , you got me. It 's those vitamin supplements.

Default Ignition Key Tone reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    You know, adding a "dinger" for whenever the key is on but engine not running is not a bad idea at all. Might make for a fun freeform discussion at the next POG rally. What do you think?
    I like that idea. I am wondering, since simply having the key in the ignition annunciates a tone of my GMC Truck, if there is something out there already available by Prevost.
    As far as chasis and or Coach batteries, why not have a toner as well as a dialer which could call say my cell phone or whatever number I choose.

Gary you're right. Plus there's just a bunch of stuff on the market for homeowner security systems that might just be adapted for this purpose.
    It would be great to be notified by cell phone about a bus issue.

Mike

I think Gary and Omni have the basis for an article for the POG home site with a wiring diagram, parts list and "how to" instructions.

There are a lot of warning signals for us seniors. I have run the generator at a rest area while eating lunch so we could have air conditioning, and then turned off the air conditioners but forgot the generator when we headed down the road. I need a "nag" to remind me of stuff like that.