Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't bear to see an empty forum

Default Skeeters??

Jdub,,, did ya'll say you could hear a skeeter farting over at Plastikboi's ??

It was prolly farting, as it could not find any tissue !! Or so I hear..

How could a skeeter get in without a code?

We have the DaVinci Code,

And now the P-Krakster Code.... Are all ya'll fixin to make a movie ??

Am also sorry I missed the seminars at Branson. It's good to know that the subjects may be re-visited at the spring rallys though. I have called Bill Jensen a number of times with what I thought were pretty basic questions and he has always been very helpful and much more accessible than some other sources. Am also glad to hear Nick Hessler is still supporting us. Would hope some of us may have occasion to spend a few of our Lewbucks with his firm.

Back to the thread... Since Liberty Coach has installed auxiliary air compressors for many years I wonder if a straw poll of how many times a day these units usually run when the coach is in use would be useful info??? I realize we don't all level our coaches the same and that the Elegant Ladies use air for more functions, to say nothing of the fact many of us old aviators use the flushers more. In our case the compressor runs 2 or 3 times a day for about 5 minutes. What say youse?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I think it is a moving target Brian. It will be directly related to the age of the coach the amount of air accessories and the level of periodic maintenance.

The best way to see is to leave the bus unoccupied and check it so you can rule out accessory use. The best I ever got to was to have 90 lbs the morning after and that is with one air bag with a pin hole that I'm aware of for sure. That was a few months ago and recently it has gotten to around 65 or 70 lbs in the morning so its time to go over it again. Either the bag is getting worse or the ambient temp is a factor or something new has developed.

A few months back after really going through ours, if not using anything I got it down to cycling once a day.

Phorner if you have a dayton oiless compressor they are a little noisy.

For safety for commercial vehicles DOT requires less than 10lbs of air loss in 10 min with brakes released, or something like that.

Brian,

The answer depends on how dedicated you are to seeking and curing leaks. When I got my coach about three years ago I spent a week chasing even the slightest leak and the compressor (which is left on all the time, even when the bus is unused in the garage) might turn on once a day. Probably less.

Remember that your leveling system uses no air when the key is off. If it leaks it still should not consume air unless you are leaking past the solenoid valves. So that leaves the items such as the air floor, driver's seat, pocket doors, air lock, bed lift, generator air bags, air horns, belt tensioners (key on only I think), etc. If I were to guess the biggest leak sources will be in the steer compartment at the regulator and solenoid valves and possibly related to the pocket doors.

Phorner,

Remember, your dash gauges for brakes have no correlation with the leans and is a completely separate system. If you have an Aux gauge, that is what supplies the air to all the accessories, air bags and is maintained by the Aux compressor.

To complete Tom's correct statement, the air bags are aux air, but the total aux system can be 100% depleted of pressure and the air bags will retain their pressure, and conversely the air bags can leak down to zero pressure and the aux system can continue to hold full air pressure.

I do have a dash aux air guage. What should be the normal operating parameters for the aux compressor?

Also, I'm guessing that the power is supplied through the inverters.... but that really has no bearing regarding the pressure set points.

Speaking of which, is the max/min air pressure adjustable for the aux air compressor?

Paul, your aux compressor is adjustable, but the range I normally see on coaches is 70 psi cut in, and 100 cut out.

The compressor will determine the maximum pressure. Some coaches use something similar to a well pump pressure switch to switch the compressor on and you can adjust that as required. If you set it too high off course the compressor just won't turn off.

Thanks, Jon.

My aux compressor seems to cut out at about 90 psi, which I think is just a shade too low. I would like to bump it up closer to 100 psi.

Once I figure out were the adjustment can be made, I'll let you know how I made out.

The next rally can't happen too soon for me, I'm really looking forward to learning more about this bus, although I understand that several POG members may require some recovery time from the last one....

If they located the aux compressor on yours in the box located in the center of the coach visble from the steer compartment the 120V line to it should pass through the pump switch (gray plastic enclosure).

You can adjust the pressure when you remove the cover.

This is a good time for you to add a system pressure gauge to the unregulated auxiliary air system manifold on the floor of this compartment. I think Mango has pictures that he posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images