Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't bear to see an empty forum

Paul,

Does your Liberty has HWH computerized leveling?

My Newell has the HWH leveling and it does the same thing, the coach is too low after it automatically levels. I have found a way around this: I level the coach, extend the slide-outs, and then I raise the coach to its highest position, then level it manually. This seems to work very well, although it is a pain to sit there waiting for the coach to reach level status.

I don't know of any way to adjust the auto level feature.

I will say that once after using the auto level feature, I started talking to my next door neighbor while the engine was still running and the auto level was on. When we finished talking, I noticed that the coach was not too low as it usually was. It was slightly higher. So maybe the solution is to let the engine run for about 15 minutes after it reaches auto level.

If you discover an adjustment, please let me know.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default HWH Auto Level

I wonder if a call to HWH Tech support might help here. My CC HWH system levels the coach to high. So, I dump first then auto level. When parked on a level site, I just dump and forget it. HWH's number is 800 321 3494.

The Manual or Auto leveling is all Prevost and is part of the travel ride air bags. I usuall manually level . You then can determine how low you want the rear and front to drop.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thanks for all the tips...

In going through some of the documentation that came with the bus, I noticed on the Prevost build sheet that it was equipped with "level lo", so I'm assuming that when I auto-level the bus, it will do so at the lowest level possible.

That's great for that first step up into the bus, but a problem with the clearance needed for the sewer connection.

So, it looks like manual leveling is the answer to strike that balance between entry step height and adequate clearance for the sewer connection.

Of course, there's always that macerator connection.... hmmm....

I think that the level low is a warning system that will be displayed on the dash if you forget to raise the coach or if the coach is in the process of raising to road height.

Paul,

If you level your coach manually you can control the height below your sewer hose connection. Generally if you want to you can connect the hose and then lower the coach to make that first step lower.

I also play with the leveling system sometimes to accomplish things such as tipping it toward the sewer drain to get all the tank empty, or tipping away from the fuel fill to get a little more in the tank if the fuel is especially cheap or i want to realy push my fuel supply.

It does look like the manual leveling will be the answer for now.

I've also discovered that I slowly lose air pressure with the bus just sitting. Not sure how much pressure loss, if any, would be considered within normal limits under this situation. We usually are parked for a minimum of a week, up to a couple of months, at a time.

I also want to learn more about the location of the air tank drain valves and the frequency for this type of maintenance. I don't mind doing it, just want to do it right the first (and hopefully every) time!!

Sure wish I had been able to take in the seminars at the rally!

Thanks for the advice...

Paul,

Your present air loss comments were the topic of one of the seminars and with Bill Jensen from Prevost ready and willing to dig deep into that topic you would have gotten some good information.

Air loss is a very broad subject so when discussing it you need to be very specific. Does your air loss affect the two bus braking systems, the auxiliary air system, or do you mean the coach tilts after you have leveled it? We covered some of this in Branson and I expect because there will be new faces in Sevierville to cover it again there and maybe Pahrump.

Jon,

Sure am sorry I missed that seminar!! Seems to go out of level after being parked for a few days (front drops), so I'm starting to monitor the actual pressure loss (as displayed by the dash guages) to kind of get a feel for the amount of leakage.

No issues when driving, so I believe that the compressor(s) is supplying more air than needed to overcome such a small loss.

My aux compressor seems to come on an average of once/day, usually just after deploying the awning, but it's kind of noisy, so I'm wondering if it may also need some attention.

Anyway, sure hope you guys that were lucky enough to be in Branson took lots of good notes!

Paul,

I wouldn't worry about the Liberty aux air compressor. The one in Gary's Liberty came on during Jon's leveling system seminar and the whole coach started shaking like a dog crapping a peach seed, so I think it must be normal.

The Royale was not quite that noisy, but the Marathon compressor is located in the generator bay, so I could hear a mosquito buzz all the way over at the Krakman's coach when it was on.

Or at least I thought it was a mosquito....