Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Couldn't bear to see an empty forum

Default Aux air pressure

MIne has guage under driver(outside compartment) and it says normal pressure is 45 LBS and that is what it has, not 90 etc. However today I noticed a long run and I opened compartment and your could hear air rushing out so I cut off pump and no more sound and it is holding pressure. Do I have an adjustable pressure that I could set down to keep pump from continuing to run after reaching a level and then just letting air out???? Thanks Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

I lack knowledge of Vogue specifics, but I suspect all our coaches share the need for pressure regulated air and unregulated air pressure.

For example, when your coach is running, the engine air compressor is providing 120 /130 PSI air to your auxiliary air system. That includes your entire coach suspension system. That is the system into which your auxiliary electric air compressor is plumbed. While not all coaches can be leveled with the air pressure from the aux compressor a lot can and are leveled, requiring at least 100 PSI.

That pressure however is too great for some of the aux air needs such as the air floor. Those components which could include the generator air bags, the bed lift, and pocket doors. Unregulated air may be required for the door lock and the air bellows for belt tensioning. Prevost definitely requires unregulated aux air pressure for those components, and in the case of the air bellows regulates them in the engine compartment. 45 PSI is not enough for them.

If you check your system you are likely to find you have both regulated and unregulated air pressure.

As to the running pump and the escaping air that could indicate the discharge pressure line from the pump may have failed and the system has a check valve to prevent the built up air from backflowing. I had that happen on my shop air supply once.

That gauge could also be the floor slide regulated pressure, my Marathon had a gauge with that same type label. Like Jon, I'm not familiar with Vogue.

Default Air pressure

I would assume my 45 lbs is for floor slide, seat and toilet (no pocket doors) I have 2 guages on Dash for all the heavy stuff. I must have a faulty switch and the compressor is not shutting off at correct time. I just checked pressure again and it is still holding 45lbs(Of course no use of the three above units)
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Jon,

Thanks so much for the great pix!! Mine looks exactly like that and I can't wait 'till daylight to adjust it!

I know, a "real guy" wouldn't show such restraint and already be out there with a flashlight and tool box close at hand....

Paul,

I really was serious about the importance of adding an unregulated auxiliary air system pressure gauge. The one you are seeing is for the low pressure items usually installed by the converter.

But before you can adequately adjust your pressure switch you first need to know the system pressures. The gauge will not only assist you in making your settings, but it will assist you in monitoring the health of the entire aux air system so you can determine if repairs are required. Hearing the compressor kick on frequently tells you you have leaks, but a guage can allow you to actually watch your pressure drop and see the rate at which it is dropping.

Default Patience is the virture of POG

Seasoned POG members wait until the whole house is asleep then begin there test adjustments.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jon,

Here's the howto you mentioned:

IMG_3682.jpg

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Aux%20Gauge/Auxpg1.html

Mike

The pressure gauge makes a lot of sense and the installation looks easy enough.

Thanks for the great photos....

bill&jody Guest

jc-
    Code:
    > Either the bag is getting worse or the ambient temp is a factor or something new has developed.
    for sure, ambient affects mine - it'll run once every couple or three days in 80-90 degree weather, and 2 or more times a day in 20-30. i've heard others comment with the same experience. i wonder what it is that changes so much that causes this. hmmmmm.......

wmm