Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New POG owner getting close to purchase

Just Plain Jeff Guest

You will never remember everything you are told, but by living with the coach and using as many of the systems as possible you will be way ahead of the game.

We try to give this advice to every single new coach buyer. Many are called, yet few heed.

It is way too tempting to crank that new baby up and get on the road...but what can happen is that a new coach will develop some surprises which are far more complicated to diagnose and fix if you're stuck in the boonies without hands-on support.

Imagine what trouble you could be in with a Tech-Link Marathon in say, Oklahoma, in a coach requiring the October recall and it won't start at all?

So, try to rein in your enthusiasm to hit the road and be as sure as you can that each and every system is exercised and worked (including heaters even if it is HOT outside, before making diesel smoke.

You'll be glad you did.

And before all you top water feeders hit the Marathon lure Jeff has repeatedly tossed out desparately trying to get someone to bite on, don't do it.

And remember, just because you read it on here doesn't make it true.

Except for my posts. Especially the ones about the PlastiKrakster and the Wonder Beagle.

Everything I say here is true, except when I am making stuff up.

Default Sign right here....

Hi All,

Thanks for all the sage advice. We put pen to paper today to purchase a 2000 Liberty XLV. First walk around and an explanation of the systems has taken place. Figure I retained 5 to 10 percent, since as we left for dinner, I had to figure out how to shut off the headlights, retract the patio awning and why the grey water by-pass was apparently working. At least we now know the washer works. Still not sure I took care of that by-pass issue....

Still trying to get sound from the bedroom TV and FINALLY figured out how to turn the cruise air fans to auto mode.

It's gonna be a long weekend....mostly for the technicians, I'm afraid...

We're planning on staying here for several days. They haven't given us a firm check-out date as yet.

dalej Guest

phorner, keep us updated and if you have any questions for the group, fire away. You are going thru the best part of bus ownership, not the paying part but the learning curve.

Default Pre Trip Walk about

Well, one thing I learned from Liberty when I picked my Coach up was that my huge head had the retention capability of a sink sponge. Now knowing this, Liberty still proceeded to walk me thru all of the different systems and pointed out where everything is located. This eventurally worked out pretty well because when I called Liberty for Help, Troy would simply direct me to an area he had previously shown me and then instruct me what to reset, check, turn, flip, push, etc. So, you do not have to retain all the info , just the main systems.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

garylstevens Guest

Congratulations on your new bus. Is this the one your the proud owner of?

http://www.libertycoach.com/collecti..._45XL634-A.asp

Anxious to hear all the details after the weekend, and see your pictures of your new bus.

Gary S

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

While we are on the subject of getting close to purchase anybody know if Sting ever picked up his Millennium. His last post was about 6 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    While we are on the subject of getting close to purchase anybody know if Sting ever picked up his Millennium. His last post was about 6 months ago?
    Joe, as of last month Todd had not taken delivery yet. There are several special features that I guess are taking longer. Hopefully he will share with all of us when he finally gets to drive it home

Default Dear Diary, problem #1...

Well, it's a good thing we're still at the dealership, moving into the coach. We had our first "major" problem crop up. Naturally, It happened on a Saturday, when no one is here to help.

So, I'll toss out the symptoms, for general discussion and, hopefully resolution. If nothing else, thanks to the forum, I should at least be able to ask (more) intelligent questions on Monday.

1. The patio awning didn't want to deploy, acted like it didn't have the "oompf" to unfurl, but retracted OK.

2. The bedroom CO monitor went into alarm. Indicated the alarm was possibly due to low voltage.

3. Tank monitors stopped working. Filled fresh water tank to over-flow yet no indication on monitor.

4. Interior lights went very dim, allmost nothing at all. I'm assuming all the halogen lighting is low voltage ??

5. Started engine, after running just a few minutes, the interior lights came up. And, I had an appropriate display on the tank moitor.

So, it sounds to me that the house batteries somehow drained. Could this have caused the problem with the awning, tank monitors, CO monitor ?

The real question will be, I guess, is why the batteries discharged. We've been plugged in to shore power for the duration.

Any suggestions??

Where should we start on Monday??

Best yet, What should I require of the dealership to assure that the problem has been completely resolved ?

I would greatly appreciate some guidance. We are afraid to leave, but, at least the nightly price is right...