Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New POG owner getting close to purchase

lewpopp Guest

Mr Harry,

I'm trying to make out what your avitar is showing. I know you are pretty good with a Winchester (not the JDUB type) so it must be your catch.

It reminds me of the story about someone saying that it was a nice picture of the donkey. And you said it was a turkey and I came back and said I was talking to the turkey.

How's that, Mr Hoppe?

Lew

Not Bad Lewster! One of my annual vice's is spending the month of April with my Son and some other turkeys in our turkey camp near Red Bluff CA. It's springtime in all of it's glory. The tramping up and down in the hills is good for me and on ocasion I out smart a gobbler. Last spring I traveled with a group of turkey's to Kerrvile TX and met a larger group of turkey's. The biggest one was driving a 90 Marathon XL, 06 Vue. Good to see you acting frisky Lew, any chance we'll see you in Branson?
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

lewpopp Guest

Harry the Turkeyman

I might sound as though I am as spry as can be, but the truth be known I am not recovering as quickly as I thought I would. I'm waiting to start Cardiac Physical Therepy this next week so I may progress the way I should.

Thanks for asking. By the way, what's the donkeys name? Oh cripes, I forgot, It's Harry hoppe.

As for Branson, been there at that campground (sucks) and If I do progress well I will be on the way to Florida when you bullsh** ers get there. Have fun.

Bye the way, how are coach sales in your family. Let's get busy.

Lewster

Default Update...

Having returned to Florida, we have made the customary rounds visiting the usual suspects and it looks like we are narrowing in on a purchase.

There are a few REALLY nice busses around at this time in our price range and it sure plays with the head comparing this one to that as they all have their advantages and disadvantages. The next several days will tell the tale.

Really appreciate all the support in this forum.

Now, regarding all those offers to help, you can make those checks out to "cash"......

Default Another Update...

Looks like we're expecting delivery later this week.

Don't let anyone tell you that the banks aren't loaning money anymore....

Mr. phorner,

The rules clearly state you must post pictures and tell us all about the new coach. Failure to abide by the rules may subject you to treat all rally goers to a steak dinner.

Default Rules duly noted...

I fully understand and appreciate the admonishment regarding the rules. However, we have been so, so close before, only to have things fall apart at the last minute, so we're afraid to be too optimistic.

Once the keys are in our hands, we fully expect to live up to our obligations and relate all the necessary details, including the required photo's.

See, after we take delivery, and our check clears, we will be lucky to afford to treat our fellow POG members to the dollar menu at the Golden Arches...

You are most generous. Unlike some members of the two coach club who make us go Dutch treat.

We await pictures of the new bouncing baby. BTW, in case you haven't figured it out from all the anecdotes that have been posted on thse forums, allow more than ample time to learn your new coach and check out every switch and system before you head down the road.

Life can be exciting when you know you don't know, if you know what I mean. 3 years with my current one and I am still learning.

Default Good Advice!

That sounds like very good advice! Although we've been full-timing for 5 years now, it sure looks like the Prevost bus is a completely different animal.

We are taking delivery at the dealership, and they have been quite generous in inviting us to stay in their camping area for several days in order to learn the systems and have their technicians close at hand to keep me out of any serious trouble.

Paperwork to be signed tomorrow and we take possession on Thursday. So, we won't be getting much sleep tonight in anticipation of heading to the dealership early in morning.

Thanks to Lew, who STRONGLY suggested that I could learn a thing or two by joining POG, I know that I have a wealth of information and assistance at my fingertips, er, keyboard.

By the way, the first bus that really gave me the bug was a '97 Liberty Elegant Lady. I just couldn't believe the features and technology that that bus had for it's age. Made me realize just how much value there is in an older Prevost bus that had already suffered most of the depreciation that it ever will. The more I looked it over the better I liked it.

Several of us are driving Elegant Ladies of around that vintage and I echo your thoughts. From a user's point of view the bus is very simple to live with. But there are many features in any bus that require an understanding, and most of those items that demand an understanding are not related to normal use, but for those occasions when something is not normal.

Just the basics are critical. Do you know your batteries are charging? Do you know when they are low, and how do you insure they are recharging?

Are you sure your tank capacity indicators are right? How do you empty and fill your tanks? Manually? Automatically? What can fail and how do you work around the failure?

You never want dead batteries or to find your shower floor has become part of your holding tank.

Where are the shutoff valves and the switches or circuit breakers to turn things off? These are things you never want to learn when something is going wrong. You will be amazed at how hard it is to access some of the shutoffs and will have to learn how to kill the entire coach until you can get at the shutoff for the specific problem.

Take advantage of the offer to camp out at the dealer's. You will never remember everything you are told, but by living with the coach and using as many of the systems as possible you will be way ahead of the game.