Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New POG owner getting close to purchase

lewpopp Guest

Default New POG owner getting close to purchase

Someone who I introduced to POG is on the verge of purchasing a 2000 Marathon.

I won't "out" him because I have a lot of respect for he and his lovely bride.

He reads POG quite often and has learned a lot, but never posts anything.

The strange thing about this is I seem to be more excited than anyone. I'm sure they are excited and hope they get a good one.

No pics yet. A new trade-in.

Hey Lew, mums the word!! Thanks for all your support. No posts from me 'cause I've never learned anything by talkin'...only by listening.

Besides, I've been far too busy searching under the sofa cushions and collecting the spare change found around the laundromat to see if I can make a down payment. If only I had the Lewbucks......what are aluminum cans worth these days??

Anyway, we still have a LOT of hurdles to get past, but we are certainly hopeful/excited/anxious. And, so far, it looks pretty good.

Soon as I get pix....you get pix...

GDeen Guest

Cool - I am jealous.

Default Corngrats

Gor for it!!! A 2k Marathon sounds great!!! And welcome aboard!!

(See this Truk, ambitious new guys BUYING Marathons!!! Not shedding good ones!!! woop woop woop !
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 08-19-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Luckily for me, you don't have to actually OWN a Prevost to join.... all ya really need is a computer and 1 Lewbuck.

The coach in question is Marathon #0611 that we're hoping to look at soon. After 2 years of hoping/searching/saving/dreaming and, most importantly, waiting for our property to FINALLY sell, this bus looks real promising. If anybody knows this coach, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

lewpopp Guest

Hey..Just Plain Woodworker... What is with this ambiguious post about a Marathon recall and then go on to really say nothing. If I were about to purchase a coach and there was a recall, well, can you explain on what you were getting at and give us the whole story. Yes, I'm begging for my buddy.

Paul...A lewbuck is not worth a hundred bucks.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Not to worry Lew. They publicly deny it, but it affects model years 99-03 I guess. They're still working out the details.

I think the surgeons were wrong: You are have the biggest and best heart of anyone I've ever met. Get yourself up to 100% as South Beach in FL is waiting for the Lewster!

Hey Lew, it Just Plain Woodwacker, not worker.

Default Deal, or No Deal...

Apparently, NO DEAL!! We were just informed about an hour ago that the owner of Marathon 0611 has backed out of the deal.

So we're left holding the bag and broken hearted.......

I can't even begin to describe how disappointed we are....

Sorry Lew, guess there won't be any pictures after all...

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Probably wasn't meant to be. You know there will be another one that is better!

It's usually a good idea to take some time in looking around to find the Eureka! coach. Kind of like dating (if I can remember that far back), you'll know the right one when you see it.

Of course, resinmobileman will see the coming of a new Ice Age before he opens the Mason Jar down in Dueling Banjo Land. He still looks at quarters to try to find the ones without copper in the middle.

Be of good cheer!