Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waste Disposal

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Waste Disposal

Here is an interesting read for the bathroom, no pun intended.

http://www.henry-davis.com/GMC/thermasan.htm

The Dave Matthews band employs a faster method.

Back in the old days....just after JPJ was born.....it was common practice for the railroads to let the toilet waste dump right to the ground while the train was moving. Anyone walking the tracks would see pieces of toilet paper all along the RR right of way.

When people tend to tailgate me I often wish for a return of those days.

dalej Guest

So why do you think some people tailgate anyway, do they have comfort in following a big rig, since it can't slam on it's brakes. They can just follow close and not think about their driving.

For some reason, I just hate long term tailgaters and try to loose them.

Sorry Joe for the thread creep!

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Just to add a degree of comfort to all:

I don't know too much about the arrangement in most civilian aircraft but all the military aircraft I flew had a relief tube.

I made the point of using it when passing over Washington, DC.

Don't look up

matsprt Guest

Dale

Commercial method for tailgating behavior modification:

Put the right side of truck/bus in the shoulder marbles. They back off real quick.

Michael
    (also sorry for thread creep)

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    So why do you think some people tailgate anyway, do they have comfort in following a big rig, since it can't slam on it's brakes. They can just follow close and not think about their driving.

For some reason, I just hate long term tailgaters and try to loose them.

Sorry Joe for the thread creep!

I found that for the chronic tailgater that they have gone into brain fade, or they are on the cell phone, so to wake them up and encourage them to go around I just turn on the RH turn signal. They just assume I will be slowing down to get off the highway or I am going to pull on the shoulder.

They usually wake up and go around. Because anyone that tends to do that for a long time has an IQ somewhat lower than room temperature I generally wait until there is no traffic along side of them so they can easily pull around without thinking. Wouldn't want them to hurt themselves.

At 62.4 mph I get to do this a lot.

When I drive with fast Roger it is not necessary.

Do I have to explain another old time legend: If you pull up close enough to the back of a Greyhound Bus going at a fast rate of speed, You can put your vehicle in neutral take your hands off the wheel and be sucked along by it's vacume.
    I woul like to volunteer Dale on his Harley to check this theory out.
    Why do Lew and I have to explain these facts known to us for generations to you youngsters. Just because it ain't on TV, it doesn't mean it's not true.

VegasDogMan Guest

Wife's favorite bumper sticker is..."Don't tailgate or I'll Flush!"

I've been tempted to use the Macerator Switch on several occasions but my Toad being behind me prevents such fun.

lewpopp Guest

Mr Hoppe

What happened to the Winchester gun name you used. Were you being confused with the JDUB man?

Where is your sigature? This isn't SOP, but as long as the other hot shots do it, it must be right. I think I read that in Theology 101 a hundred years ago.

Mr Lewster.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    The Dave Matthews band employs a faster method.

Back in the old days....just after JPJ was born.....it was common practice for the railroads to let the toilet waste dump right to the ground while the train was moving. Anyone walking the tracks would see pieces of toilet paper all along the RR right of way.

When people tend to tailgate me I often wish for a return of those days.
    Jon is thinking of my grandfather, with whom he used to hang out in the old days. They used to walk along the tracks to find coal along the rails to use to heat their grease pits. That was before they had vehicle lifts in shops.