Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos to DVD

Default It snowed again

Can't believe first day of spring - now 2nd day of spring and it is 9pm and I just finished cleaning the salt spray and crap from the shiny metal after running up I-81 to I-77 across Fancy Gap to N.C. Monday night and then back today- First time I had seen a "snow cone Prevost." Must be race week in Bristol-Always cold when Nascar comes to town for the spring race.

Mr. Winchester - Love that IH logo -Ask me about the IH logo at POG rally - Roger

Roger,

I have somewhat conflicted IH loyalties. I own a 1953 Farmall Cub that my grandfather bought new and a 1979 IH Scout II that I drove to college, but we have 6 John Deere tractors including this one I ordered that just came in.

And the 70 Diesel is one of my favorites

But the 1 1/2 HP John Deere is the pride of the fleet

Ben Guest

I made it to Miami, but due to taking a wrong turn, I ended up near downtown and there was much construction with overly skinny lanes and nice sharp metal signs on each side of me. I had to cut across two lanes of traffic to make one turn, otherwise I would have scraped a sign when taking a left.

Mango... Jerry should wash your bus for gaining access to your Mac and buy you a steak dinner for showing you how enjoyable computing can be... kinda like the guy who showed you the difference between a Prevost and Plastic.

For those who follow the ever changing avatar Mango has, here's a pop quiz. What is today's showing?

Jon,

Thought that avatar would bring back fond memories.

Mango

Default green paint!

Jerry,

Wow, that is some nice tractor and equipment. That green paint cost just about the same as the shiney stainless. Nice pics. I am an old Farmall country boy. Scouts have become collectibles as I am sure you already are aware
    Roger

Cmon guys. No guesses about what Mango's avatar is showing.

Here's a clue: We all have them in our buses, some more than others.

My guess is it is a pneumatic shuttle valve of some sort, or at least it is the guts to the valve.

JDUB is right on.

Those are the "spools" that shuttle back and forth in the Norgren valves, and if you experience the leans or have some Norgren valve leakage replacing the spool usually makes the Norgren valve perform like new.

Four screws in an end cap are all that have to be removed from a Norgren valve to replace the spool.

Roger,

We have had some nice IH tractors including the Super M-TA, the M-Diesel (starts on gas then switches over to diesel) the H and Super C. My dad and I have a collection of 2 cylinder JD tractors that include the 70 Diesel Standard, an "H", "A" and "B".

I also take a lot of grief from my IH buddies for owning the John Deeres;

Q - What is the definition of a long green line?
    A - Two 4020's pulling a three bottom plow

The Scout sat at my dad's house for a lot of years after I retired it as my daily driver. My wife had a weak moment a year or so back and we hauled it to Houston and completely rebuilt it. Except for the engine which is original with +/- 252,000 miles. Now I drive it to work a few days a week and we use it as an airport shuttle during football season.

I wish I knew as much about my Prevost as I do about that Scout, but I have owned the Scout since 1980 and the coach for not quite a year.