Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Lew's surgery

bill&jody Guest

Default Update on Lew's surgery

hey everyone,
    i tried to get this on yesterday . . . but you already know why i couldn't.

kathy called late yesterday to say lew's heart surgery went well (all 6 hours of it) and he was in icu. whooo hoooo. he is expected to be in the hospital for about 5 days. recovery is in the 2 month range. ouch! they have moved the coach to a great spot at a marina owned by a friend where it is quiet which should help his recovery.

it all sounds so painful to me! this is where he is now:

Robert Packer Hospital
    1 Guthrie Square
    Sayre, PA 18840
    (570) 888-6666
    ICU Room #734

if you want kathy's cell phone #, just shoot me a msg. rather than post it here.

i know we all are wishing them speedy recovery. kathy will have her hands full when he comes home. get back online soon, lew!!

jody

Jody,

We don't want to bother Kathy at this time, but if you talk to her tell her that Karen and I are praying for Lew to have a speedy recovery and we wish them all the best.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Hello Jody. Thank you for letting all of us know how Lew is doing. I await out iconoclastic leaders return to POG. Best wishes and prayers . Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jody,

thanks for the Lew man update.....I am happy to hear that the surgery is complete and that he is on the way to a great recovery.....there is just no way to keep a good man like Lew down Please keep us informed, thanks!

Lew,
    Hope you're feeling better.

JDUB and I are on the road w/ Taco Tour II, but we sent you a get well gift over to the ICU.

Enjoy.

Mango

Default Get well soon

Lew: Mick and I are wishing you the best. Get well soon - we need to hear from you - especially with the Taco Twins on Tour.

Our best to Kathy too!!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

Well, it just seems as though it should be fair that the large one and the restarant trollop should be out having a good time and I am here working on getting my drive back. Roger, Truk, Deb & Boboo and Loc. I know Bill and Jody are out in Sturgis looking for capital letters to put in their posts. All thru the west they have missed them. Just the same, I left someone out and I'm sorry.

First of all, thanks for ALL of the good wishes and especiaslly the Dominoes Pizza sent to ICU. I was in the midst of being moved to the regular heart wing and a Dominoes man appears.

One of the nurses intercepted him and noticed that the pizza was from Margo and Mike. I was thouroughly confused because I have a daughter named Margaret and I thought she was using one of her aliases and who was Mike. Her husband is Scott. I said, "let me see that" and it said Mango Mike. Of course I wasn't about to be able to consume the pizza sp I gave it to the ICU nurses. They came up and thanked me later.

I don't recall recovery being this miserable, although I was 25 years younger when I had the first triple bypass.

I'm on oxygen for about 2 weeksand of course must walk short areas and I should be able to take the bus to Fla the end of Sept.

Everyday I seem to improve a very little bit. Even posting this to you guys, I'm starting to get that "shot in the arm" energy.

Kathy has been sneaking in a couple times to tell me of the the Taco Tour and it sounded like a great get together.

Here's something quite notable... I had a team of surgeons working on me and the head surgeon was John Anderson. I never thought about his name until he came in the room yesterday and he saw the picture of my coach. I then went on to relate where the Prevost ranks and he said that someday soon he would be looking for one. This Anderson washes his hands before he cuts anything.

Now for a bitch. What happened to the site whilst I was incapacatated?

I used to be able to click on quickly. I guess that's a good way to get only the computer gurus to stay on line and us commoners say the hell with it.

I used to click on a brow that said "POG" and that was that. Now it needs a new password and everything.

Thanks again to all of you.

dalej Guest

Glad to see you back Lew, we have all been pulling for you. You know that just seeing a post from you is just nice!

Lew: Good to hear from you. Keep the chatter coming we missed it. We hope your recovery is rapid. Were going to miss you and Kathy @ POG 4. Mango is a pistol sending a pizza to ICU. What an insane group we have here.

Harry & Shirley

Lew, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. This group of misfits needs someone of your caliber to keep them on the straight and narrow.