The tour was fantastic. There were three of us and one flew in from the Cinncinnatti area, and my other friend rode with me in the new car. (260 miles, 4.25 hours including rest stops, 27.1 mpg going, 26.2 return).

We had a personalized tour given by a retired man that had worked in every area of the facility and was able and willing to answer every question. He knew the car and the production techniques.

Our tour took 5 plus hours, and we finished with a tour of the National Corvette Museum. I know the Corvette owners among us that have had these cars over the years can appreciate the strides made in performance and quality. and after seeing the efforts made in the production facility to produce the car it is no wonder.

We did not see the engines produced since they are assembled, by hand at an other facility and shipped to Bowling Green, but we saw the frames being produced and the entire assembly process. With the exceptions of the frames, virtually everything is produced outside the facility, but is delivered to the factory for assembly into the final product.

I am starting another thread to see if there is interest in having a two or three day mini rally to include tours of the factory and museum. We were treated as well as anybody could be treated and everyone, including the production people truly appreciate having visitors. They are rightfully proud of their efforts.