Thread: Bus Phishing Scam or Not?

Threaded View

Default Bus Phishing Scam or Not?

Well kids, I have been trying for a while (half heartedly) to sell my 1992 XL on a couple of really cheap online websites (sorry Jim, Prevost-Stuff is next). I have had several serious inquiries and then today I got this one:

Hello,
    Thanks for your mail,meanwhile I believe first to secure the motorhome through a deposit before any arrangement is to be made.I am impressed with the property,I should love to call you to discuss with you but am on a field assignment in France and would like to know the followings about your property:-
    1. Your bottom price?
    2. What major repairs has been done?
    3. How many owners?
    4. When did you buy the motorhome and why do you want to sell it?
    5. Are you a US citizen?
    6.The property and the ownership is on whose name?
    However,I would like to know your last price (non-negotiable)from that of the net price for onward transaction,if your price is okay then I can arrange for a deposit while my agent will call you to arrange for the property inspection and other necessary renovation if any will be taken care of by him.Do get back to me immediately as I have limited time to conclude this this transaction
    Till I hear from you have a wonderful day.
    Regards,
    Mr. J.

I have changed the name to protect the guilty (opps I mean innocent). This just doesn't pass the smell test to me. This looks like a scam to me and I am thinking about my response - please help me decide:

1) Pose as JDUB. Send back information about JDUB's bus with a really low price. I can talked talked about all the repairs I did on my (posing as Jerry) last vacation. I (again as Jerry) want to sell my bus cuz I got the Duece;

2) Respond and lose thousands of dollars;

3) Do not respond; or

4) Respond by telling the sender that it appears to be a scam and I am forwarding the email to the local authorities for review.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 07-25-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Spel cheque