Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: KVH R6 Fails

My saga is probably not unlike others.

I called KVH and the tech gave me some things to look at.

I did them with no luck. I had a tech with a computer hook up to the system and he told me the KVH was good, but the receiver was bad. I replaced the receiver and it still did not work, so I manually locked on to the signal and determined something internal with the KVH had failed and it did not recognize when a strong signal was being received.

Gave up dealing with KVH. Too much mumbo jumbo.

Tracstar....30 minutes to install, uses existing cable as sole wire. Started up and locked on in about 35 seconds. End of story.

Default Kvh R6 Update

If there remains any question about their "customer service" and how I am doing with my FAILED unit this post should clarify the topic. 11 phone calls to tech supt. 3 phone calls to shipping. 5 phone calls to the local area rep. 3 phone calls to the installer. Over three weeks now and still no replacement for the FAILED unit ! And they call this "customer service."

If I had not just paid $2700. for this unit I would be all over a Trackstar like a Robin on a worm !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I bought the TracStar SV 360 in motion satellite dish with dual LNB.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Kvh R6 Update

Received a new satellite roof unit today via UPS. One month after initial contact. Will now start the process of contacting the KVH authorized installer to make arrangements for the removal of old unit and installation of new.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

We installed my Tracstar SV 360 satellite antenna Friday, and it is a crystal clear picture. We drove around in circles at the mall parking lot just to test it. It never lost the picture - amazing!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the satellite antenna, but my surround sound system seems to work better. The sound is much stronger; so much so that I have to turn the volume down to almost 3 or 4 bars. If I select the volume setting that we used to use, the sound is way too loud.

What up with that?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

You are now getting the true digital picture and sound that was being held up by the KVH system.

Default Kvh R6 Update

Finally got my R6 installed today. Warranty claim placed 7 - 23 - 07. Resolved 9 -11 -07. Total of 33 phone calls ! Unit was only 8 months old when it failed. Now lets see if it will work all the way to Branson and back !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Call fast roger or me if you need the number for tracstar.