Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KVH R6 Fails

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    I have a KVH TracVision L2 (not in motion) satellite dish, and it will not lock onto THE satellite. It locks on to several satellites, but the ones it locks onto do not give me a TV picture. I have tried unplugging it, removing the access card, etc. and nothing works. I have tried changing transponders; tried transponder #2, #3, #4, etc. - no go!

I would call DirecTV but my blood pressure goes up about 60 points when I get on the phone with those people.

Any ideas!
    Can't offer any help for your problem but I will give you the Tech Line # of KVH when I get back in my office on Monday. It too will raise your blood pressure ! But they did help me.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default KVH problem

Are you traveling? I am in Wy and had a problem as I forgot to change the zip code from Ms. Maybe yours requires the same. best of luck, Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

Thanks for the pointer about changing the zip code but I did change the zip code. I will look forward to getting that Tech help phone number from you; that will be a good start.

Thanks for the help. Have fun in Wyoming.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I cured my KVH problem.

tracstar.

Jon, do you have the in motion Tracstar?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I also cured my numerous theh problems with K V H . I threw it away. Then I purchased a tracstar from a web site in Tx. Superb reception on all channels including XM radio. Mot only is the reception and time to track from cold startup much improved, there is only one single coax wire for the entire operation. I will never forget the countless hours on the phone with the experts at KVH, the money spent buying their new equipment and updates. My last call to their president convinced me to go in a completely different direction and I will never buy another of their products for myself or any of our customers.

Default KVH Cures

I ditto everything Toy Box says. I cured my KVH problem by buying a TracStar from the place in Tx. Been Very pleased since.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Merle & Louise

KVH # 1 - 401 - 847 - 3327. They dont have a 1-800 #. Besure to have your serial # with you when you call. Good luck !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Tuga....yes, the tracstar is in motion and it works very well and unlike the KVH that sat on the roof grinding away, the tracstar is barely detectible and as has been said it locks on and stays with the signal.

Thanks for the phone number Jim.

Jon, glad to hear the good reviews about TracStart in motion. I am going to give KVH one try and if it doesn't work out, I am just going to buy a TracStar in motion satellite dish. Thanks for the post.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot