Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KVH R6 Fails

You guys that think there will be a continuation of marital bliss after expecting your wives to provide the assistance you need to get the coach into a tight spot are sadly misinformed.

If there is one thing that should be in bold letters on the mirrors it is "Wife may not appear in mirrors when required!"

Here are my suggestions:

Plan on backing into a site yourself.
    Assume responsibility for backing into a site yourself.
    Avoid asking for assistance when backing into a site.

Do you see a pattern here? Remember what time it is?

You wimps fall under the famouse quote "what we have here is a lack of commnication". If you have managed to stay married to the same woman for 30+ years and cannot manage the backing up process, you are missing something along the way!

Jon, your contributions are priceless ! I want that quotation printed on my mirrors.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

My success with buses is skill......my success with marriage is luck.

I have found that any job with spouse helping can and will lead to some very difficult discussions. Try to fix a car engine in below freezing temperatures. i was literally hanging upside down in the engine compartment of an old jeep tring to get it to run. Asked for a screwdriver, but could not lift my head to look for it myself.
    In the end engine running, but not wife not talking to me for days.

I have found that any job with spouse helping can and will lead to some very difficult discussions. Try to fix a car engine in below freezing temperatures. i was literally hanging upside down in the engine compartment of an old jeep tring to get it to run. Asked for a screwdriver, but could not lift my head to look for it myself.
    In the end engine running, but wife not talking to me for days.

ajhaig Guest

We have yet to pick up our coach but I have given the topic of backing up a great deal of thought as I've never owned a coach or RV. It's foreseeable that there will be communication issues with Sarah as we attempt to navigating in tight spaces. I bought a set of Motorola two-way radios exclusively for this purpose... time will tell.

lewpopp Guest

You guys have to realize that when it comes to handling a big unit like this produces testosterone in most of us. If you have checked out the spot by getting out of the coach and survey everything carefully, you should be able to back that bus in with very little trouble with out major help.

How about having a contest at POG III backing a coach in and see who does the best job. The prize should be a Christmas Goose. They must back into it.

As for help from the spouse, I consider her an important figure as far a the final resting place of the bus.

Ask Merle and Louise to reply on this one. Merle (Tuga) can come next door and have a beer while Louise puts it where it should spend the stay.

A typical conversation between husband and wife on 2 -way.
    Person #1 "ok, I will wait until you get outside and to the back of the
    Coach. You signal me when your ready.
    Person #2 "What"
    Person #1 " I said signal me when you get back there"
    Person #2 " Where"
    Person #1 "I can't see you, where did you go"
    Person #2 " OK, Go"
    Person #1 "What , where are you?"
    Person #2 "I'm here now"
    Person #1 " Where, I don"t want to run over you"
    Person #2 "Keep Coming back"
    Person#1 "I can't back up until I know your clear, I can't see you
    Person #2 OK, I'm done"
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Looks like my KVH R6 fails topic wandered off into a more interesting and amusing area. Gary, I dont think we have used our little 2 way radios since Karen and I had the same conversation !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty