Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KVH R6 Fails

Default KVH R6 Fails

Seven month old KVH R6 In Motion Satellite Receiver with GPS and Dew Guard cant find Satellites. Message displayed is " searching for satellite 101 " and " searching for satellite 119. " Did a search and it looks like other members have had problems with this equipment also. Contacting KVH and will advise of the "cure."

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Try rebooting it Jim. Remove the power to it, wait a while and power it up.

I have KVH R6 and had problems. Solution through KVH was the following:

1. Reboot per Jon
    2. Attach 15 volt transformer so that R6 sees 15 volt not 12 volt.
    3. If you are using HD portion of R6 make sure you get new stacker from KVH. Some of the older ones have problems.
    4. If not using HD make sure menu function only allows looking for Directv 101.

Jim,

One of the problems I had was isolating my problem. Using the menu you can get on the signal strength page, and with the cover off the KVH manually move the antenna until you maximize the signal strength. You need a compass and a pair of cell phones so you can talk to whoever is in your coach watching the signal strength.

When it peaks you should get your TV display working and if it fails the problem may actually be your receiver.

Don't ask your wife to help. After a while both of you get frustrated and no matter when you choose to do this little project it will be too close to bedtime.

Smile

Jon, Your knowledge of our coaches is wonderful and appreciated. You incite into living with a spouse, absolutely priceless!!

Thank you

Mike

I have spent 46 years with Di, and about 17 with our coaches. I am sure I understand the coaches better.

I have a feeling this post may come back to haunt me.

Thanks Kim, I hope I dont have to go down that road.

Mike, Jon's marital incite was GREAT.

Jon, Thanks for your help. You can be sure the procedure you described would not be attempted with my wife. One time a long time ago I asked Karen to get out and go to the back of the Bus to help me back up. I included the words " stay in my mirrors. " These days she still offers to help but I always respond, " Oh no thanks dear, just remain seated and stay comfortable " and fight it myself.

Contacted Tech Supt at KVH. Gave them the model and serial # and described the problem. They said a complete new unit would be shipped to a local Rep and I would be contacted next week to make arrangements for an under warranty install. Imagine this !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

That's good news Jim. Nice to see they are supporting it.

Wink Backing up

[QUOTE=JIM KELLER;16042]Thanks Kim, I hope I dont have to go down that road.

Mike, Jon's marital incite was GREAT.

Jon, Thanks for your help. You can be sure the procedure you described would not be attempted with my wife. One time a long time ago I asked Karen to get out and go to the back of the Bus to help me back up. I included the words " stay in my mirrors. " These days she still offers to help but I always respond, " Oh no thanks dear, just remain seated and stay comfortable " and fight it myself.

I know how you feel Jim. I don't know why, but my wife insists on disappearing behind the Coach out of site when 'helping me' back up.
    When I try to explain that I need to actually see her .......well , you know.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Have you contacted DirectV? Many times if you have not used the service you have to call them to turn on the signal. I was told by the MotoSat guy at BusNUSA that if you are going to travel any distances you need to turn on the system to find the Satellite frequently or else the unit gets lost and can find the satellite.

I had my wife help me back up and as I was backing up to the house she started talking to a neighbor and bang, I runged a good mural on the gutters of the house.

Greg