Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Crapoli, its HOT

Default Holy Crapoli, its HOT

Well, we traversed down to the river as promised to give the coach a little workout.

Entered the storage unit (60x15x14) and opened up. Opened the door to the bus, and on quick initial inspection, quickly noted many of the soft drinks left stored inside had exploded!

I knew it wasn't going to be chilly in there, but had NO idea it could get that hot inside the unit.

Good thing I brought Kelly Jo along on this run, as this was a mess to clean up!

Needless to say it was about 98 inside the bus, and everything in, on, and around it was that hot too.

It took a long time to get it cooled down, but this morning all is good inside at 70!

Also had to replace the 50A breaker in my box here, as it kept crapping out.

The OAT this morning here @ 0500 was 90 degrees.. Sheesh.

Also found out that in my coach, if you have auto-gen enabled, you can't manually start the gen if the batteries are up.

As soon as you let go of the starter, the auto gen circuit shuts it down..

Just another piece of trivia for ya'll!

If you have 50 amp and inside storage, why not leave an air or two running on a high setting you cheapskate. Kathy Jo should get an award for putting up with you, what a woman.. I can tell you how to correct your auto-start issue Nimrod, but it's gonna cost ya!

I only have 20A or so, and not supposed to have that much . Can't leave air on.

Kathy Jo's name is Kelly Jo, and yes I agree, she should achieve sainthood for putting up with me!

Ok, so whats the auto gen fix gonna cost? Let me guess, I have to change my avtar

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    If you have 50 amp and inside storage, why not leave an air or two running on a high setting you cheapskate. Kathy Jo should get an award for putting up with you, what a woman.. I can tell you how to correct your auto-start issue Nimrod, but it's gonna cost ya!

Sometimes it gets really expensive when you pull someone's chain. Let's see....the avatar, Jeep comments and then the plastic palace remarks.

Payback.

[QUOTE=jello_jeep;15958]
    I knew it wasn't going to be chilly in there, but had NO idea it could get that hot inside the unit.
    QUOTE]

Warren,
    When Bob traveled out to Phoenix to pick up the H3 we used to own, he found out just how hot hot can be to a coach. The laminate on some of the coaches in the lot was separating due to the intense heat. Some also had quite a bit of fading of fabric, etc.

Our coach is inside an insulated building so we don't keep the air on, haven't had to as yet, but we do keep a small fan running and the ceiling fan if you have one. Sorry you had such a mess to clean up, yuck!

Default Truk's tribulations

This is true, but its worth every penny

Plus he knows I only *really* give the red-ass to people I like, but don't tell him that, he will get a big head.

Plus Plus, if I sold mine and got a plastic one, he would be beating me like a rented mule

Plus Plus Plus, where else can you have fun like this for 100 bucks a year, and learn something whether you want to or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Sometimes it gets really expensive when you pull someone's chain. Let's see....the avatar, Jeep comments and then the plastic palace remarks.

Payback.

Default Cokesplosion

Well, the building we are in is not insulated. There is no sunlight going in, so fading etc is no problem, just over heating the damn cokes!

It was a mess, but got lucky in that it mostly only got all over cleanable surfaces. Thank goodness Kelly is along!

Warren,
    When Bob traveled out to Phoenix to pick up the H3 we used to own, he found out just how hot hot can be to a coach. The laminate on some of the coaches in the lot was separating due to the intense heat. Some also had quite a bit of fading of fabric, etc.

Our coach is inside an insulated building so we don't keep the air on, haven't had to as yet, but we do keep a small fan running and the ceiling fan if you have one. Sorry you had such a mess to clean up, yuck![/QUOTE]

I had considered at one point moving my coach out there to Havasu, I think to the same facility that you are at now. It was so reasonable in cost, compared to Orange or Riverside county.

But, when it's hot, ..... it HOT!

Sheesh!

Jeep, are you sure the squeezins didn't explode instead of soda? Your the one who said you had to change out the 50 amp breaker, now your yaking about 20 amp.. Big difference, one has only one hickey and the other a double hickey, know what I mean Vern...

Sorry Kelly, I must have had a Kathy on my mind, but either way, you may get an award at the next POG rally... Details later..

Checking your Avatar you Pirate..

Hi Warren. I read somewhere that if your Coach is stored in an area which gets very hot, your water can be subject to bacteria growth as well as any filter systems you have for the water. So make sure to dump your water, and replace your filters. Also, is there not any storage facilities which are temperature controlled?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide