Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Campground - Avoid

Default NJ Campground - Avoid

Never, never, never go to Jugtown Mountain Campground in West Portal, NJ! I got the plastictrukster in this s*&% hole, but never even think about stopping at this place. Along with mud, dirt, yesterdays garbage, horrible roads (or should I say goat path), check this out!!!

IMG_1366_1.JPG
    Remember Chevy Chase & Vacation, "Gee Clark, it has a pool and everything".

IMG_1367_1.JPG

The odyssey continues.......

Default I'll bet

I'll bet that floating rat, doesn't have a bus either

Gosh, this is fun ~!~
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 07-18-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Perhaps we can ask a more fundemental question....why would you not avoid the entire Garden State?

Jeep - Now that was way harsh....

Jon boy - Business in NJ the very next morning, 40 miles away, the only other campground was Liberty (Jersey City), need I say more..

The best part, I signed in as Mike Anderson and told them to stop anytime in Alexandria at Mango Mikes for a free meal. They also appreciated the Boots N Coots hat.

Tom and Nancy,

This is DISGUSTING! How did you hear about this park, please tell me it wasn't in the Big Rigs book??
    Debi

Question

Tom, was anyone else there or was the place closed and thereby free

Petervs Guest

Ok, so now we are avoiding New Jersey altogether. And if you read the "What is the best Toad" thread, you will learn to avoid Ohio altogether for differernt reasons. Personally I am not too wild about California either ( 45 foot laws, traffic, way too many people, etc,....). If we keep this up pretty soon we will only like one or two places and we might as well just buy a house there since we will not be travelling anymore.

On the other hand, some bad experiences like the rat in the pool, or the speed trap, or the mechanical breakdown, or whatever; all of them just make the really good days even better. When you are in a spectacularly beautiful place with all the comforts of home, your loved ones at hand, no suitcase packing or airline terminal misery to deal with, and some time to enjoy the moment.

I say they would not be as good without an occasional defect in the path. Carry on!

I will lay claim to being an expert in OH and NJ.

I have driven through OH more times than I care to recall over the years and while I like the state for a lot of reasons, I am opposed to the establishment of two sets of speed limits and the selective enforcement of the lower one. Folks who live in OH can and should correct me if I have misinterpreted what I have observed over 40 plus years of travel in that state.

I was born in and lived in NJ until I was 18 and have gone back frequently because of the number of relatives who have lived there. Parts of the state are beautiful. Gas is cheap. It has some beautiful areas and a lot going for it, but it also has some ugly industrial areas, corruption, overcrowded roads, and an inferiority complex with respect to NY state. In some places it is a sewer, and in other places it is high end living at its best.

Don't take my opinion on these two states as the gospel. Hitch up that Smart and head east.

Give us a report when you get back.

CA is on my short list of states I prefer to not visit also so we have common ground.

BTW, I don't need to have a crappy experience to appreciate something good. Been there done that. Getting to where we are today provided all the lousy experiences I need.

You know, take a closer look. That rat has a familiar face to it.

ratbob.jpg

Mango

• Could be a two bus rat.

You mean there is a nice part of New Jersey? I have only been to the swampy, warehouse part, so maybe you can circle the good parts on a map for my next trip that way.

I have never been to Ohio. Or Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire or West Virginia, so fill me in on those if there are any rat-in-the-pool stories abou them.

Plastic-krak4U has found his niche. Haging in the POS rv at the POS rv park. Form meets function.

I love it.