Thread: Hoffman Conversion??

Default Hoffman Conversion??

Well our search for just the right bus for us continues. Paul Davis called me last night saying he had just the coach we were looking for. Everything sounded great until I ask him which company did the conversion. His answer was "Hoffman," and he went on to say what a wonderful job the company did on all their work but that they were no longer in business.
    So, my question is, would any of you buy a Hoffman, and what effect does the company being out of business have on the price.
    There seem to be a number of convertors that are no longer around. Should that bother me if the outfit had a good reputation when they were in business? Yea, it bothers me a little bit, but if the price was right, the coach was right, I just might buy an orphan. Your thoughts appreciated.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I wouldn't hesitate for a heartbeat to own a Hoffman conversion at the right price. Don Hoffman has built some very nice coaches, and in particular, the systems are just terrific.

If you need any help, drop me a line or PM.

Good stuff.

One of the big plusses I have enjoyed about my Marathon is that the converter offers excellent customer service. I have called them numerous times and they have always answered all my questions and helped me with any problems I've had. They can immediately pull up the records on my coach and answer any technical questions. They have talked to me for over an hour at a time, walking me through troubleshooting procedures, all at no cost to me. There are a few other converters that offer this level of customer service also. At times, this information is invaluable.

This is not to say that I wouldn't purchase a bus that was made by a converter that is now out of business, but I am very glad that my first bus is one that has the back-up of a converter that is available when I need them. For me to purchase one from a defunct converter, there would have to be a very significant price reduction.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

To the best of my knowledge Hoffman is not out of business. It is a family business and until Margaret Hoffman passed away she and her husband Don ran a small conversion business in Clarendon, PA. I think the business continues

They made a good conversion and their customer base is very loyal.

They are not to be discounted as a legitimate converter. When Bill Campbell and Tom Harbison were the owners of Prevost (they preceded Volvo) they each had a converted Prevost done by Hoffman. They are low key converters and I think their only advertisement is in the classified ad in the FMCA magazine.

If you are interested in pursuing this call Hoffman Coach or use this link

http://www.hoffmancoach.com/

I would recommend a coach they built. It will not have the glitz and high tech stuff of some conversions, but it will be well built.