Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Case of Incurable MPD

Question don't be SILLY

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Be sure the dump hose is on board and do a hands on use test
    Jim C., don't be SILLY.

New Legendary's don't come with dump hoses, you have to stop by Camping World and pick up a set that matches your color scheme?

Gary S.

Talking Ha Ha

Gary S, you got one involuntary chuckle out of that comment

surfsidebarney Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Scoggins View Post
    I would be wondering about warranty type stuff:
    Documentation from Prevost on the chassis?
    Documentation/agreement with Legendary or third party on the house itself.
    Extra tile/marble/granite in the same pattern as the floor.
    Extra pieces of the wood trim or any other unique pieces of trim material.

Somebody else weigh in here that knows what they are talking about!
    Jim,

That is one of the negatives about buying this coach in that it will not come with a warranty; but, they made up for it in the purchase price. But I will have full warranties on all the different components (chassis, refrigerator, Aqua-hot, etc).

I will check into what kind of "goodies" I can get at the factory while I'm there.

Thanks for the feedback Jim,
    Rick

surfsidebarney Guest

" ... BTW, after you have put all your stuff in your new coach, filled the water and fuel tanks, weigh the coach and each axle. With that information you can determine the tire pressures you will need for each axle. Very important.[/QUOTE]"

Jon thanks for the valuable feedback; I'm going to print off this whole thread and take it with me so that I can refer to while there.

Rick
    Last edited by surfsidebarney; 07-17-2007 at 11:42 PM.

surfsidebarney Guest

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice. I really like the idea of videotaping everything. Not sure I will be able to do that because it will be just me picking up the coach; might be a little distracting to listen and video at the same time. I going to mull it over and think the best way to do that.

Note, there is a Prevost service facility in the city of Mira Loma, Calif; one of the many cities in the southern Calif. area (near Riverside). I need to call them and ask them if I need to have the oil changed (break-in service). Coach has 6,000 miles on it.

Question: Is there any spare parts that I really should try to obtain while I'm there?

Thanks again,
    Rick

Hi Rick. I would make sure you have an assortment of fuses ; Glass Buss type and the 5,10,15,20,30 amp link fuses. Also, there has been suggestions you carry 2 or 3 of the relays Prevost uses. As far as Tools, I carry a whole tool box of tools ; I suggest you buy a kit if you do not already have something. Don't forget a tire guage.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Rick,

Your new shell should have come with a goody kit from Prevost and it will contain various components as spares. If you do not have this kit when you are at Prevost you can order it. The kit actually has a part number.

You have to decide if you will do routine work on your coach or if you will have service facilities do the work. If you do the work obviously you will want oil filters, fuel filters, belts, fluids, etc.

If you do not do the work, at the very least always carry spare fuel filters. All it takes is a tank of lousy fuel to ruin your whole day, and having a set of fuel filters and access to a little fuel to maintain the prime will get you going in no time. The same goes for the generator.

Somewhere floating around with some POG members and maybe Jim Skiff is a maintenance schedule I created for my coach. Your coach will vary, but the format may help you pull it all together in one document because there are so many things to take care of it is difficult to track it.

Can anyone out there post the schedule or if not I can email it to you.

Jon,

You can find that maint. schedule here:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/se...ggestions.html

Jim

Default Maintenance Schedule Excel Spreadsheet

Rick I am emailing you a Word Document so you can change, or modify to suit your needs the Maintenance Schedule and keep great records on your new Legendary bus. ( It is not an Excel Spreadsheet, but a Word doc )

This document is what I put together from what Jon had given everybody and it is modifiable for your part numbers, mileage and so on.

Isn't this site great !

Gary S
    Last edited by Gary & Peggy Stevens; 07-18-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Default Spares

Congratulations on the new rig.

They previously mentioned relays (12 and 24) are a good idea, some of the spare little indicator bulbs are a good idea. I have a set of belts, not too pricey and good to have aboard. Also after reading how someone got stuck in the middle of nowhere, bus at idle and would do anything else... I carry a spart TPS (throttle position sensor) just a little component that measures your input on the gas peddal (analog) and converts it into a digital signal to the engine.

It was like 120.oo or so, and clearly user changable..

Keep reading on, and as you see guys post what has failed, you can slowly build up your war chest.

As long as you have good roadside/tow assist, you will survive and become wiser

HAVE FUN with your new baby... If you come to PV Mira Loma, I only work 30 minutes or so from there, so if work slows down below 1000mph, maybe could swing by and have lunch or something.