Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case of Incurable MPD

surfsidebarney Guest

Red face Case of Incurable MPD

Hi Everyone,

Well I've gone and ahead and done it ... I'm picking up a new 2007 Legendary XL on Friday; #1022. Thanks to help of several members on this board (or should I blame them), I was able to arrange the financing to buy the coach. Jeff was particulary instrumental in hooking me up with fast Tommy. Mike P., Gary D., and Jeff was kind of enough to be sounding boards as to whether it was a good "deal", right decision, etc or not.

I will be signing all the papers tomorrow, so, this is the last chance for anyone to cure my MPD. I've got a checklist of things I need to do while I'm there based on the advice you all gave me. The following is the checklist:

1) Thoroughly go thru the whole coach and operate everything, push all the buttons, run all the systems, etc.
    2) Get all the documentation I can on the coach, such as, manuals, schematics, drawings, spec sheet, etc.
    3) Make sure that a PDI has been done on the coach (Vance at Legendary is doing the PDI). Coach only has 6000 miles on it - 3400 miles from Prevost factory to Coburg and a trip back and forth from San Diego to Coburg.
    4) A good test drive.
    5) Spare parts - I will get anything I can get my hands on since they are closing the facility. If anybody has list of spare parts I should get, please let me know because I have no idea what I should get in spare parts other than I will grab whatever I can get.

If anyone can think of anything else I should add to the checklist or anything I should do, please let me know.

I will post pictures later after I pick up the coach (or pictures can be viewed on the Legendary website; #1022).

Rick,
    Soon to be cured of MPD

Congradulations Rick. it will be a while until you come back to earth after you get in the drivers seat. Enjoy!
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Smile

I would be wondering about warranty type stuff:
    Documentation from Prevost on the chassis?
    Documentation/agreement with Legendary or third party on the house itself.
    Extra tile/marble/granite in the same pattern as the floor.
    Extra pieces of the wood trim or any other unique pieces of trim material.

Somebody else weigh in here that knows what they are talking about!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jim your too humble.

Rick congradulations. For some reason I keep picturing a woody with surf boards in tow

This is deffinatly the first day of the rest of your life

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Talking MPD Treatments

This has been a busy week in getting some deals put together. We've been able to put together people with the right coaches, right money and insurance. Others are yet to be revealed, but will likely emerge from the Dark Side when they are ready.

As we all know, this treatment for MPD is only temporary.

Congratulations to Rick!

Congratulations.

Prevost should be standing behind your new coach so when you do your checkout your focus should be on the house and its systems.

As a new owner it is important to understand the dividing line between the chassis and the converter installed part of your coach. Before money chages hands and before you drive away you literally need to operate and understand the function of every switch and knob. Learn where plumbing shut offs are located, learn what is behind every access panel and learn how to locate and change AC filters.

Make sure you understand how your coach electrical system works. What circuits are on the inverters, what circuits will not function off the inverters, and what is the maximum load you can put on the inverters. Learn how to keep the coach cool and warm. If the coach has automatic features such as tank fill or generator start verify they work. On a new coach I would be particularly careful about listening and questioning every noise. For example, if the water pump kicks on when I am not drawing water I would find the reason. I would listen for things like short cycling of the AC units, an indication something might not be right.

A common irritation is the TV and sound system operation. Some coaches require a PHd to select what television source is desired, such as local antenna, cable, satellite, DVD, or tape. Make sure you understand this for every TV or sound source.

Try to anticipate problems. Is there anything that can fly open when you are going down the road? An empty refrigerator door might stay shut when driving, but line the shelves with food and drink, add in a sharp turn, and you have a mess. Ditto with all drawers and doors.

Before you take possession try to learn what the capacities mean to you. How long will your use of the coach deplete the water supply or fill the holding tanks. Same thing with battery power. You do not want to find yourself with dead batteries and not have an understanding of how to recharge them or get the generator started. You do not want to find your have filled your holding tanks and now you have some nasty stuff floating around in your shower. There are ways to manage your resources such as gray water by-pass and generator autostart.

Make sure you understand how to put your coach into storage. You want to know how and what to turn off. You do not want to put the coach away in a garage, and come back in a week to find your brand new coach is filled with diesel soot because the autostart function was not disabled and the generator was running inside a closed building.

There are similar concerns on the shell, but since that will be taken care of by Prevost I would urge you head to the closest Prevost facility and get a complete checkout.

BTW, after you have put all your stuff in your new coach, filled the water and fuel tanks, weigh the coach and each axle. With that information you can determine the tire pressures you will need for each axle. Very important.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Excrutiatingly painful as it is, I agree with most of what Jon noted in the previous posting.

Despite the vast age difference between A1 and myself, I am finding myself fussing about all kinds of little details that I never paid much attention to.

Now I am off to clean and polish the coils in the toaster before breakfast. I am pretty sure that the crumbs from yesterday's English muffin are still there.

That would result in Uneven Cookage!

Horrors!

Quote Originally Posted by surfsidebarney View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Well I've gone and ahead and done it ... I'm picking up a new 2007 Legendary XL on Friday; #1022. (or pictures can be viewed on the Legendary website; #1022).
    Rick,:
    Rick, CONGRATULATIONS! We are thrilled for you and welcome to the Prevost camper world Everyone has given you great advice. Something Bob and I did with our current Millennium is videotape the instructions as we were touring the coach. You really need an extra person just to do the taping but it is worth it should you forget which switch goes to what. Most of the switches in our coach are not labeled and have little symbols. Some of the symbols must be in greek because we often had no idea what they were for! Both our Vantares had every switch labeled and that made things much easier. I would also echo Jon's advice on paying particular attention to the workings of the TV and sound systems. Every coach is different and I can tell you first hand how frustrating it can be to leave out a step and then wonder why the TV won't work, or it works and there is no sound, etc. I swear, I don't know why this part has to be so complicated......I would like a system with a separate remote for each TV and one for the sound. Nah, that would be to simple!!

Thumbs up

Congratulations Rick, The only things I would add to the list would be:

Get your computer all set up in the bus so you can communicate with POG before you leave Legendary.

Stock up the bus with some basic food and beverage etc., so you are not forced to make a pit stop when you don't really want to. Take a friend or two along for the pick up. It's more fun and just in case something goes wrong, misery likes company.

If you are not going to video the instructions as Deb suggests, get a digital recorder and do it that way.

Be sure the dump hose is on board and do a hands on use test

matsprt Guest

Default Hookup ??

Congrats Rick,

We are currently in SLC and will be on our way to Albany OR on Friday, same day you are picking up your Legendary. We are going to the CC reunion later that next week. If you stay around for a few days we can hook up. Love to be one of the first to get a peek inside !!

You have my cell number give me a call.

Michael