Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Selling Bus

Dale, You and Paulette have done such a nice job with that unit, I feel bad that your planning on selling it.

Lots of folks fix them up and then trade them, your out of sync doing all that work and then selling it. I hope you end up keeping it just so we get to see you again down the road.

Whatever happens, Karen and I wish you the best.

Tom,

Thanks for the kind words, you know that I would never make fun about your new acquisition. Who knows, if the DEQ and EPA have their way with me I may be driving a gasser myself in the near future. Do you think that MM and JDUB would actually make fun of your MH?

I'll be in OSHKOSH Saturday morning about 10 AM, but I am not sure where to park. JDUB said that we will be parked across from the North 40 shower building, so I guess we will just look for that landmark. Hope to see you and Nancy there. Could you give me some directions on how to find Don the Osh Dude (as MM calls him)?

Who else will be there?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tug,

Do I think MM and Jdub will make fun of my plastic thingy, hell yes!!! I'll be disappointed if they don't..

We don't get there until Monday evening, can't leave Rochester, NY until early Sunday morning due to a big family deal. I'm like you, don't have a clue where to go, but Mango said he would post it.

Looking forward to seeing you and Karen..

The last thing I am trying to do is to devalue the market for other Prevost owners. My thinking was that I would just place a realistic price on the bus, and it might sell in a few months. I see many sellers over-price their unit, and a year later they are down to a realistic price and eventually sell. My son says I always fix things up very nice for the next buyer then sell them too cheaply. My initial thinking is more in line with Jon's comments.

The one thing that I think makes my unit a little cheaper is the fact that it has 147K miles on it. Of course, to put this in perspective, is the same as a 1999 haveing 84K miles on it, so I don't guess mine is that bad. It runs great, and I placed it in the Detroit shop a few months ago and asked them to do anything the engine needed. They said everything checked out fine on the engine and fuel system, and they could take my money and do things like change all injectors, etc., but didn't think it would offer any return on my investment. They didn't even find any leaks anywhere. I was prepared for a bill of a couple thousand dollars, but I think they charged me a couple hundred.

I may reconsider raising the price, since I am not sure I really want to sell it at this time. We did enjoy POG III and meeting some wonderful people and making friends with people we would otherwise never have met.
    Last edited by dale farley; 07-17-2007 at 09:37 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

I recently heard the prices on two buses that just traded. One was a 1993 Angola in decent condition that was listed for $175 and sold for $150. The other was a 1992 Country Coach with propane and motorhome windows that was listed for $149 and sold for $125. I would agree that most of the Marathon's I have seen have been listed a little higher than the other brands. I have had my 1992 Angola listed for a month on two of the websites at $165 with the thought that I would take a little less. FWIW, mine has 265K miles but 57K on an in-frame rebuild. I have had several tire kickers and four serious parties. I have had one offer for $125 which I politely turned down. I am ambivalent about selling the bus which I plan to replace with a newer model. I have done a lot of work to it and it is in really nice shape. I have taken the approach that if it sells for what I want so be it. If it doesn't so be it. I listed mine for a month and don't plan on renewing the listings. I would agree with Ray that a higher price is justified based on other Marathons that I have seen listed. However, if you are comfortable with the levels you have quoted, you will probably move the bus faster. You are right about seeing buses listed for a long time at an unreasonable price. Good Luck.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 07-17-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: no reason

Loc,

I am considering raising my price a little since I am in no hurry to sell. Of course, once you set a price, it doesn't set too good with anyone who has already seen a lower price. I have decided that the 147K miles may not be that significant since it compares to 1999 model having 84K on it, and I've seen several with close to that amount of miles.

I do think a Marathon is worth more than some of the other converters (especially those that are out of business) just because of their excellent customer service. I have called them numerous times, and they have always taken the time to give me free advice on any questions or problems I've had.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Gas Trukster

Gas Trukster,

I see that you are trying to make up for your serious lack of testosterone, primarily brought on by selling your Marathon.. By posting an avtar of my most manly Jeep (not a rosie o'donnel model).

Keep in mind that the joy brought on by the vicarious use of another man's manly vehicles, is fleeting. Fleeting indeed !

May the man upstairs have mercy on your no-bus owning butt

I will sic Jdub & The Mango upon you like a hoard of diet Coke & Mento spraying locusts!