Thread: What's the best toad?

Hybrid View

Ray,
    You could duplicate the Hybrid you now have in a used model. You already have all the tow equipment that fits the new acquisition. You wouldn't need the fast lane sticker and you would have the set-up you like and are used to!

Default Eunuch Boy

Lew - When did you grow another pair for her to cut off? Anyway, I like your toad. Plenty of stickers so we know it is you from a distance.

jim

Hybrids are commanding a serious premium these days. I don't really need to spend the extra bucks for another one

Ray

Post Smart USA

Here is another NEW Entry to consider for towing. I called them and they are towable all 4 down, with apparently no problems, except the mileage keeps ticking on the car. But this is sure a neat contender for just two people. Hence the name 2008 smartfortwo

http://www.smartusa.com/index.aspx The only forseeable problem with this vehicle, is no towbars available yet? They are coming to the US the first of next year, and owned by Daimler/Chrysler.

1 Liter Engine 3cyl 71hp
    Last edited by Gary & Peggy Stevens; 09-12-2007 at 11:55 AM.

I am considering a mini-cooper. I know that there's a couple of people towing them in the group. I assume I need to purchase a stick shift tranny for that. Is that correct (Mini-owners??)

Ray

Default Mini Cooper Tow

Ray: As with all BMW vehicles, Mini does not recommend towing. However I have towed an "S" six speed for over 10K miles with no problem. I consulted with an expert before towing it - Steve with California Coach towed his 20 K miles before someone bought it from him in a collision at a red light. The trick is to start it up every 3 or so hours of towing or when you wet your whistle, so you can strectch you legs and allow the oil to lubricate inside the Gertrag Tranny. I am not sure that the tailshaft is lubricating the tranny adequately or not, so let it idle for 3 or 4 minutes at each stop. I have left it running by accident, but fortunately they are very fuel efficient - especially when towing.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

Roger... You have all the time in the world when traveling with Jon. As most everyone knows, he stops every hour to check the air in the tires. Good time to start the baby pooper, I mean Cooper.