Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bezel for Lights

Question Bezel for Lights

Hi all,

Here is a question from Bob-03/00. He would like to replace the chrome bezels on three of the parking lights on the coach. International bus can get them but due to the fact that it costs them so much to have them chromed, they have made the choice to make a list of people who want them before they will even order them. Then it takes approximately 12 weeks for them to be returned from the company they use for chrome. Cost is $120.00 each.

Does anyone else have a source for these bezels? If push comes to shove, we will order the plain ones from Prevost and have a local guy do the chrome. Just wanted to ask the brain trust before ordering Thanks!

dalej Guest

Deb,

Can you post a close-up photo so everyone can see the style.

here you go Dale....this is the best one with not much "pitting". The size is 3 7/8 x 6 3/4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deb & Bob

I ordered polished stainless bezels for my docking lights from IBP. I don't remember the price, but they weren't too expensive. Do they not make the polished stainless anymore and only do chrome?

Loc

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Deb & Bob
    I ordered polished stainless bezels for my docking lights from IBP. I don't remember the price, but they weren't too expensive. Do they not make the polished stainless anymore and only do chrome?
    Loc
    Loc, the salesman I spoke with told me they are working on an alternative for these bezels, stainless being one idea so I guess they don't have them? There are three part numbers listed on their CD for these and he sure sounded like he new exactly what I was talking about when I read off the first number and gave him the measurements of the frame. Maybe I will call him back. Stainless would be fine with us! Thanks.....

Exclamation

Deb, If you can't get the SS as Loc suggests. (first choice IMHO)

You are conveying here that you want the details very correct. If there are four of these bezels then you would be best to replace all four with new and keep the old as spares or to offer to others.

If you go the buy plain and have them chrome plated also buy more than you need ( things go wrong ) and choose the best product for YOUR bus. Be sure to find a highly qualified shop that is willing to give you the result you desire.

There are different types of chrome plating, each giving a different "look" and having different life expectancy.

Some categories of plated items are: Building hardware, plumbing fixtures, hot rod components, motorcycle components, antique car and boat components.

Ask around for recommendations and see samples of the shops work.

Caution!! Many plated parts are ruined in the polishing department!

The extras I am confident would sell.

We have a plating Company locally which I have used many times. If you have the old units, call around and talk to someone about replating.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

thanks Gary, and Jim as well, for the additional ideas. Bob can likely find a local plating company. I think he just felt we could find them already chromed and replace these three since one of them is rather pitted. Stainless would be the best way to go but so far we can't find those in the correct size.

Default light Bezels and other Stuff

Deb & Bob 00/03: Try this link to some light bezels - the catalog came in the mail and I just happened to notice the LEDs and other Bling Stuff.

http://www.awdirect.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=19056
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    here you go Dale....this is the best one with not much "pitting". The size is 3 7/8 x 6 3/4.
    Did you ever find the chrome bezels? I'm looking for them also