Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member & Legendary Prevost

surfsidebarney Guest

Red face New Member & Legendary Prevost

Hi Everybody,

I took the plunge and join POG today. I have been lurking for the last month or so on this site, as well as, the free site on Prevost-Stuff. Looking forward to get to know everyone and the Prevost world.

Little info. about myself:
    I'm 50 years old, divorced, no kids living full-time in a 2004 Country Coach Allure (36'), which I bought brand new in Nov. '03, at Outdoor Resorts Motorcoach Country Club, Indio, CA. Currently working as a consultant to Boeing in Anaheim, Ca.

I like the lifestyle so much that I have no intentions on going back to live in a house. Thus, I've decided that I would like to buy a Prevost and live the next 15 years or so in it. I hope to make it my last RV purchase (famous last words).

Right now I'm considering the purchase of a new Legendary XL Prevost. Legendary is going out of business and they have made me a good offer to buy one which I have accepted subject to financing. I know very little about Legendary and even less about Prevost ownership.

I would love to hear some feedback on my decision/choice to buy a Legendary Prevost. All comments/advice would be much appreciated.

Rick Barnette

Welcome Rick. I live in Santa Barbara, so if you have any questions, feel free to call me. 805-896-0222 cell. You are in the right place. You will learn more about Prevost and Convertors here than any other place on the Planet. The energy and flow of information is amazing.
    I do not know anything about Legendary but I have heard positive comments on this site. Do a search to review previous posts.
    This group has a amazing dynamic so welcome and join in.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

surfsidebarney Guest

Please to meet you Gary and thank you for the welcome. I did do a seach on Legendary Prevosts and I did not find anything; not sure if I performed the search correctly, but no luck in finding anything.

Rick

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Since you say they are going out of business try to get some engineering documentation out of them. The chassis should be a constant from Prevost but the possibilities and perturbations in the house are endless:
    Build sheets
    parts lists
    wiring diagrams

Find some other owners who have a good handle on your coach systems and can mentor you a bit.

Find out where some of the folks who work there are going for their next job--particularly the Guru--stay in touch--you may need their help in the future.

dalej Guest

Welcome Rick,

Glad you went ahead and joined, you will be able to get answers to most of your questions.

In my opinion all converters use the same components just turn and tuck them in different places, so
    questions will have some logical answer.

I hope you can buy the coach at such a good price that you won't want any service from Legendary.

If you give us the spec sheet, we will give you a opinion that will relate to problems you might or could
    incur. If you want to give out the list price and the deal price we could also help to see if it’s really a
    good deal.

You sound like you have this under control, but if you need anything, just ask.

PS your at a perfect age in life........Jan and I are 50 as well.

Welcome to the asylum Rick.

Dale is correct about the Prevost chassis not being a problem with respect to service or information.

The conversion is the part that may prove worrysome, but as has been mentioned, conceptually they are all similar and when stuff goes wrong oftentimes you can find answers and solution here. Plus there are a lot of aftermarket companies that do not do conversions, but that do repairs and modifications and are very smart when it comes to problem solving.

Bear in mind one thing. With some conversions now selling brand new for well south of $1,000,000, you need to buy that coach for way less than that because a conversion without support from the builder is valued very low by the marketplace.

If you do like and buy a Legendary Coach do as was suggested and get as much documentation, including copies of drawings, especially electrical and pneumatic layouts as possible.

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs up A Prevost by any name

Rick, You have come to the right place. The folks on this site will go the extra mile to assist you when the need arises.....of course they will also lampoon you when you least expect it. Good luck with your purchase and welcome. Ken & Ellen

dalej Guest

Rick, which coach are you looking at? they still have several for sale.

http://legendary-coach.com/gallery.asp

Rick,

Welcome to POG!

A lot of good advice from the boys above (and Debi).

My only additional words of advice are regarding pricing.

As I don't know the asking price of a new Legendary but I would see what the same dollars would buy you in a used Liberty/Marathon/Millennium. You would sacrfice that new coach smell, but you would be getting a coach that 1) probably already took a serious hit in depreciation; 2) have the support of a converter still in business; 3) The bugs, always associated with something new should be worked out; 4) be in a lot better shape when you ready to get your next Prevost (trust me the day will come sooner than you think).

Usually when a person makes the leap to purchase a new bus it's to attain exactly the layout you desire for your needs (a la Sting). Since this is already a completed bus that primary option is gone. I would have no hesitations in buying a used Prevo.

You will spend a lot of sleepless nights staring at the ceiling thinking about your options.

Let us know how we all can help you spend your hard earned lewbucks.

Mango Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 06-27-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Stelan73 Guest

Rick:
    As a new guy who just bought a new bus, I agree with Mike's post. This is especially true in living with and fixing the bugs on a new bus. Most of the top converters have buses that are 1-3 years old that have been through the initial gremlin stuff and on top of that you can save yourself an additional $3-4k. After knowing what I know now- buy used. Welcome and these guys are the best.

Steve Lane