Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire protection while parked

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Oh boy.

Granted there are likely a few things from Trailer Life magazine that are useful for the Prevost experience, such as the hamburger flipper/Christmas light combo/toilet seat that the guy in Oklahoma fashioned out of Wal-mart bags.

Y'see the whole idea here with a camper is to drive it, not park it. That's where the trouble comes in.

The deal with dry rot is this: When you see it, you're already too late. Dry rot in tires, whether they be regulation, POG-approved tires or made from recycled chopsticks, rot from the inside out, so your rubber should have a manufacture date not longer than five years from the moment you inspect them. Period.

In speaking with a couple of entertainer coach drivers, they replaced them at 110,000 miles (Michelin Pilote X) as they didn't want to a) take a chance with their valuable cargo and b) would begin to see significant tread wear.

Now if someone is actively interested in taking their life into their own hands, contact the Trailer Life guy in Oklahoma who will make you some tires out of Wal-Mart bags and please report back to us how it goes.

Gosh, this posting seems ascerbic, doesn't it?

lewpopp Guest

Stop trying Gary. We need more members like you. JDUB saus I get my shorts in a bunch and I go off after happy hour. It's the tomato juice that does it.

Thanks for the Kerley Kontact.

Lew

lewpopp Guest

Jeffery,

I heard long ago that when you park for ANY length of time, you should put something between the ground and the tires regardless of the original surface.

I guess I am trying to protect my newly painted and sealed pad. When I park for 2-3 weeks, I pullout and black marks are left which I have a problem with.

Everytime I start reading one of your posts, I hear a table saw in the background. Is it me or should you turn off your equipment when you get on line?

Lew

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Lewster: You high rollers at ORA probably clean the underside of your coach daily.

Revelation: Lew has two Prevost vehicles too. Ha-ha, I told your secret.

Na-na-na-na-na-na.

Back to my stroke sander.

lewpopp Guest

You have asked me in the past to keep secrets and I have complied. Now you tell everyone that I am in possession of two Prevosts. Nothing is sacred anymore. I wanted to see how long I could keep it quiet. BUT NO..."Mr Big Mouth" broke the confidence of a friend.

Private communications between you and I will cease at this moment. Damn... Do I smell wood burning? Sharpen those blades so we can at least smell the aroma of fresh sawdust instead of your loyalty.

Careful of your fingers. It'll take a year for someone to train you to pick your proboscus with a different digit.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Heywaitaminutehere.

YOU were the one who, I believe, characterized my attendance at certain events by saying, "The old hippy wandering around with the camera and the telephone gizmo..." or something like that. You also invited me, the last time I was allowed on your sacred ground at ORA (which will likely be the last time invited there), to photograph your Prevost Stock Number Lew 00002, which I declined due to your requirement for Stealth.

Ah, the iniquities of the mendacious life.

I can't keep up with you guys.

Yawn.....two old farts duking it out on the internet.

Your turn Lew....slap him around with some bold type.

henryhighwood Guest

All caps should get the point across.

Ted, did you really spend money to join up with this bunch of rejects from the assisted living facility?